Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TOTD 1/3: Naps

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:50 AM
  • 8 Replies

How many of your kid still take naps? How old are they? Do you have a routine that gets them to go to sleep?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Habibti812
by Joni on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:04 AM
My 4 year old gave up naps around 2 and a half. My son who is 21 months still naps once a day for 2-3 hours! With the ne baby due any day now its greatly welcomed lol. I just nurse him and then put him in his crib for his naptime routine!

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

melliesmom1207
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 1:34 PM

My DD is 2 and she takes naps sparaticly. On the days she goes to preschool she will take one because she is to tired from all the excitement at school. Other days she will go all day without sleeping. She has been sick lately so she has been taking naps and I am so thankful because I have been up with her in the midnight hours. I am also liking it because we take naps toegether and get to cuddle like we did when she was a baby.

Girly Comments & Graphics
From The Hazelton Family
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:34 PM

My son is 2 and he loves taking naps. He will take naps for about a hour or 2.

mlg871
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 7:43 PM

My dd will be 3 in a couple weeks and still naps daily for about 3 hours.  No special routine, she goes to bed with a few books, she does have a few toys in her room, but not too much.  Most of the time she just "reads" her books, sometimes she will tinker around in her room, but not usually.  She's usually asleep within a half hour.   

mama02040608
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Only one of my 4 still naps, my 16 mo.  He will usually go down for about 2-3 hours in the afternoon @ 1pm.  The others are all in school for at least part of the day, so I do get a little break :) 

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:13 PM

My 6 y/o gave up naps just around 4 years old or so. He would nap for 1-3 hours. He could still stand to nap now, but he won't do it (although he does often fall asleep in the car if we are on our way somewhere for the afternoon).

My 3 y/o still naps for about 1-2 hours. He naps at school, as well. He will many times give us a hard time about it, but once in there he usually falls right asleep.

My LO is almost 7 months old and still does not have any sort of nap routine. It drives me nuts. Sometimes he'll take a 3 hour nap and then no other nap for the day, sometimes he'll take a few 1/2 hour naps, sometimes he'll be up for 12 hours straight! So annoying! Both my other sons were taking two 2 hour naps a day by this age.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

meegs23
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:35 PM

I have a 3y/o and a 1y/o, they both take a 3-4hr nap daily, although the 3y/o naps are getting shorter and shorter. We have routines for both.

A woman should be two things: classy and fabulous.  - Coco Chanel

missiedoo
by New Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:07 PM

My 4 yr old just gave up his naps, but he still rests. He usually plays his leapster or watches a movie. My 1 yr takes 2 naps a day and the baby sleeps most of the day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)