Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

Religion

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2010 at 7:08 AM
  • 4 Replies

What religion are you? Do you attend any type of worship services?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jan. 12, 2010 at 7:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jan. 12, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I'm catholic and we don't attend any services at all because to me the catholic  church is all bs. When I was having my son's christen they gave me and my husband a very hard time because were not married in a church and we didn't attend church at all. After how they treated my family I don't anything to do with them but I went to a catholic school and after leaving I learn they are just teach what they want you to know and believe which not to live in sin or know anyone who lives in sin but me everyone lives in sin and no one should be look over because of that everyone should be appect of who they are.

meegs23
by on Jan. 12, 2010 at 10:20 AM

Roman Catholic- church on Sundays and DD goes to preschool there as well.  

I've never had any issues with the Catholic church myself.  

A woman should be two things: classy and fabulous.  - Coco Chanel

scaprio
by on Jan. 12, 2010 at 7:55 PM

Hubby and I are both roman Catholic, but are a bit lazy about attending services.  We are usually asleep until noon on sundays.  With the baby on the way, we have decided that we are going to make is a priority to go (since I can safely say that we will no longer be sleeping in for a while).  Probably around late february/march we will start going weekly to the services to teach the baby how important it is

DvoraQD
by on Jan. 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

We are orthodox Jews. My husband has to go to synagogue 3x's a day 7 days a week. I never go because women are not obligated to pray with a minyan like men. So it's fine for me to pray at home. I don't mind. Some people may say it's sexists.

To be honest, on Shabbos (our Sabbath) mornings, I get to go hang out with my friends while my dh is at synagogue. When all my kids are older, I'll have my time to go too. My 5 year old son usually goes with dh now. We allow boys to go when they are old enough to know the meaning of what we do there and why. And when they are old enough to sit nicely and pray themselves. That usually happens between 4-7 years old.

For now I have 1 girl who is 7 and 3 boys, 5,3, and 7 months. They'll all go to synagogue with my dh when they are older and I can have some time to myself with my daughter on Shabbos mornings :) I am looking forward to that. Unless of course we have more girls! :)

4.5 million Jews in America have no connection to their Jewish heritage. Become a part of a growing number of Jews who are gaining wisdom, insight, and a closeness to G-d from connecting to their Jewish heritage. E-mail me today for details! torahandtalk@aol.com

You have questions we can get you the answers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN