• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TOTD 1/25: Haircuts

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:30 AM
  • 10 Replies

How often do you get your haircut? How about the kids?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:58 AM

I get my haircut every 3 months and my son has not gotten his first yet but will be soon.

meegs23
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:08 AM

All of us (except DH) about every 6-8 weeks.

A woman should be two things: classy and fabulous.  - Coco Chanel

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:36 AM

I was a hairstylist from 1992-2005 and so I cut/color my own hair. I don't really have a time frame for when I do my hair....it's whenever I feel it needs it. I take really good care of my hair though, so I don't really get split ends or dry hair, so I can can go quite a while between cuts.

I cut my husbands hair about every two weeks and my son every couple of months, with little shape ups here and there.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:42 AM

Will you take him to one of those special places? Wow, I know he's 2, right? Is his hair long? Had I waited with my first two, they would have had hair down their backs. This LO has hardly any hair, so I might be in your boat with him :)

Quoting LoriAnn87:

I get my haircut every 3 months and my son has not gotten his first yet but will be soon.

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:44 AM

Ditto this time for me. But my boys and DH have to go more often. DH goes at least 1 time a month and takes our oldest with him. I take the middle guy to one of those kid friendly places where he can sit in the Jeep. I usually take him 1 every 6 weeks or so or else he looks like a little girl!

Quoting meegs23:

All of us (except DH) about every 6-8 weeks.

Lilypie

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:04 PM

Quoting bhwrn1:

Will you take him to one of those special places? Wow, I know he's 2, right? Is his hair long? Had I waited with my first two, they would have had hair down their backs. This LO has hardly any hair, so I might be in your boat with him :)

Quoting LoriAnn87:

we already have a place where we gothat he will be going too. we will be taking him to trautam spa, a friend of our girlfriend works there. his hair is geting long but it still kind of short in some place only when it's wet can you see how long it's getting.

scaprio
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:42 PM

I am in desperate need of a haircut... probably should have gotten that done before the baby was born.  I usually go every 2/3 months depending on my schedule.  My husband usually goes every month... he likes his hair short.

ThinkPink23
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:24 PM

whenever i can't stand it anymore...i keep mine pretty short..so it has to get trimmed up quite often..but i have been letting it grow...it's about chin length..and i am ready for a new 'do. My daughter has never had her haircut..i think she would LOOSE HER MIND..if i tried to get it cut..lol..that girl is in LOVE with her hair. I cut my hubby's hair...about 1 a month..his hair grows REALLY fast..so sometimes it is like 2 times a month...(1 time cut and then 1 shape up a month) 

lanys_mom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:33 PM

i go about every 2 months or so.. i take my dd every 4 months

Habibti812
by Joni on Jan. 26, 2010 at 7:12 AM

I don't cut my hair often.. My husband doesn't like short hair.. In our culture long hair on women is really desireable. So my daughter also does not have it cut often- A trim every now and then which I get crap for! But It hink it's healthier that way. Sometimes I get sick fo the long hair and cut it to my shoulders but my husband doesn't like that lol My son needs a hair cut much more often because his hair grows SO FAST! My Mom or father in law cut it.

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)