Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Toys Toys EVERYWHERE!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:59 AM
  • 7 Replies

We have so many toys. My family room is over run with them. I have moved many up into the kids rooms, but I can't seem to make a dent. I got through things once a week and give stuff to charity or put stuff away, but it doesn't seem to help! I don't even know what to do anymore. I want my family room back! ARGH!!!!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:52 AM

My son has some toys in his room like his train set, mega truck, big train, and misc toys but the rest of his toys like little people, tonka cars and trucks, blocks, balls and other toys are down the basement because if it gets messy we don't have to worry about cleaning it up right away.

meegs23
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Tell me about it.  When you figure out a solution, let me know!

A woman should be two things: classy and fabulous.  - Coco Chanel

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:11 AM

I understand! lol! My son has taken over my foyer closet.

I like to look for furniture pieces that have hidden storage. Like storage ottomans...

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:20 AM

I always say to DH that I wish we could finish our basement, but it's just not the right kind of basement to be finished! That would be a great place to hide all the toys! LOL!

Quoting LoriAnn87:

My son has some toys in his room like his train set, mega truck, big train, and misc toys but the rest of his toys like little people, tonka cars and trucks, blocks, balls and other toys are down the basement because if it gets messy we don't have to worry about cleaning it up right away.

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Honestly, I don't think I will have it figured out until they are no longer young (like maybe when they are in highschool, which is another 8-13 years!).

Quoting meegs23:

Tell me about it.  When you figure out a solution, let me know!

Lilypie

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:22 AM

I actually want to get one of these and move my coffee table into the living room. I just have not found one that I want yet. Plus, I want it to match my currnt couch and chair (dark brown leather).

Quoting ceciliam:

I understand! lol! My son has taken over my foyer closet.

I like to look for furniture pieces that have hidden storage. Like storage ottomans...

Lilypie

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:23 AM

Quoting bhwrn1:

I always say to DH that I wish we could finish our basement, but it's just not the right kind of basement to be finished! That would be a great place to hide all the toys! LOL!

Quoting LoriAnn87:

our basement needs to be updated but for now it will do. my son's toys are in a bins that go into a cubby box. this is great because when my son wants a toy he just pulls out what he want and clean up is easy too cause we just take the bin around the room and put his toys back inside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)