Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rock Band vs. Band Hero for Wii?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:46 AM
  • 4 Replies

Okay, so we are totally a slow on the uptake with this whole musical video game experience.  My friend gave us Guitar Hero for Christmas and we played it for the first time Saturday. So basically I suck at the Guitar and I want the drums and microphone.  So we went to Toys R Us yesterday to buy Rock Band and they had Band Hero as well.  Anyone have experience with either?  I'm going to buy it today.  From what I gather from info online- Beatles Rock Band is the way to go.  Thoughts?   

A woman should be two things: classy and fabulous.  - Coco Chanel

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:41 AM

We don't have Wii, we have PS2, but I think it's basically the same. I suck at Guitar Hero! LOL! Songs I thought for sure I would be good at, I can't seem to get. I actually do better on the songs I don't know! We have the 80s one, so I thought I was a shoe in with that (being an 80s girl and all), but no go. DH got the Rock Band drums for Christmas, it's harder than you would think. We both had trouble with it! He bought me Guitar Hero Metallica, holy crud is it difficult (and we use the easy setting! LOL!). I think you just have to play it a lot ot get used to how it is. The first time I played, my arms and hands were killing me from holding the guitar so tightly! Like that was going to make it better :) 

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:00 PM

My husband play rock band on xbox 36 and he loves better then gutiar hero or band hero. I really don't play either games but I do play plenty of other wii games.

ThinkPink23
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 1:27 PM

We've been debating whether or not to get one..I know we would play either..but we aren't sure either. I would like to get the one that you just sing...LOL...i don't remember what it is called...(the video game they were playing in that movie Baby's Mama..or something like that) 

I heard the Beatles one is awesome.

chiquis
by on Jan. 27, 2010 at 8:40 PM

We have a Wii and ordered Guitar hero 5. I've played it at my sisters house and it is hard but fun lol. I havent played the other games yet. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)