Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

TOTD 2/13: Wedding Songs

Posted by   + Show Post

What was your wedding song that you danced to with your DH? your father? What song did your DH dance to with his mother? What kind of music did you have at your wedding? DJ? Band?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Feb. 13, 2010 at 8:15 AM
Replies (11-17):
mrsJLA
by on Feb. 14, 2010 at 2:45 PM

DH and I - Bryan Adams (Everything I Do) I do it for you (DH picked it out b.c. it is his fave song).

Dad & I - "Your Song "(Elton John).

DH and his mom - The Beatles "In my life"

We had a band - City Rythym, they are based out of Philly and totally awesome!

ThinkPink23
by on Feb. 14, 2010 at 9:16 PM

First Dance: You had me from hello--kenny chesney

Father/Daughter: Butterfly Kisses/Daddy's Little Girl--Jeff Carson w/ Kippi Brannon

Husband/Mother: A Song for Mama--Boyz 2 Men

Wedding Party entrance: I'm a Believer--Smash Mouth

2nd wedding song--God Blessed The Broken Road--Rascall Flatts

We had a DJ----A Little of Everything (except rap..lol)

chiquis
by Mirza on Feb. 14, 2010 at 9:17 PM

Not married but love hearing what everyone else has picked! Our song is God blessed by Rascal Flatts so we'd use that also. Nice choices ladies. We liked amazed by Lonestar also but his friend used it in their wedding haha so we wanted something different.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 14, 2010 at 9:21 PM

In My Life is one of my most favorite songs ever!

Quoting mrsJLA:

DH and I - Bryan Adams (Everything I Do) I do it for you (DH picked it out b.c. it is his fave song).

Dad & I - "Your Song "(Elton John).

DH and his mom - The Beatles "In my life"

We had a band - City Rythym, they are based out of Philly and totally awesome!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

ThinkPink23
by on Feb. 14, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Quoting chiquis:

Not married but love hearing what everyone else has picked! Our song is God blessed by Rascal Flatts so we'd use that also. Nice choices ladies. We liked amazed by Lonestar also but his friend used it in their wedding haha so we wanted something different.

i LOVE rascall flatts!!!

RMCookie
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Our wedding song was "Grow old with me" by Mary Chapping Carpenter (it's a john lennon song)

My parents passed away before we got married and his parents live out of the country and weren't able to be here.  So we didn't have parent songs

Our wedding was supposed to be in a garden, but last minute weather changes forces us indoors.  We had our wedding in a Irish / Mexican restaurant (I'm of Irish decent and he is Mexican).  We brought the iPod with us for music.

Kerry816
by Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 8:48 AM

Our wedding song was Your Still the One by Shania Twain

our last song was When I'm with You by Sheriff

I danced to Daddy's Littlle Girl w/ my dad and I don't know the song dh danced to with his mom.  IT was an old song that the dj picked out.

we were announced in with Beautiful day by U2.  the dj played YEAHby Usher 3 times b/c that was my song to party!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN