Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More Snow? REALLY????

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 5:38 AM
  • 11 Replies

Come on! Have we not had enough? I am sick of it already and I don't even live where they got the most snow! I heard this morning on the news that the towns don't even know where they are getting the money to clean it all up (see link below):

NJ Headache: How To Pay For Snow

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 5:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 15, 2010 at 7:49 AM

I am sick of the snow!!! Since we live in a private community we pay for snow removal within our community.. The town- Well there are two ski resorts here who pay big bucks to make sure the roads are clean for tourists to get in and out. Honestly though- I'M SICK OF THE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5-8 more inches! COME ON!

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 8:04 AM

I think with all the 3 storms we had and dumping over a foot or more on us in South Jersey I think and I'm over winter now. I heard about this after they were getting for storm number and they said that the clean up was going to cost alot but around me the clean up suck and they only clean the major roads and high way. They never got to the small streets and when they did it was already frozing over or the sun already melted it. Thankfully we are nothing anything for the one that is coming now because we are only suppose to be getting  a duting to 3 inches becasue we have some mixing involed but I think the weather people said for once south jersey will be hit.

ChristyRenee
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 8:34 AM

I've enjoyed the couple storms we got, but I'm hoping this next round isn't that much. I was on accuweather last night and it didn't look like South Jersey was going to get that much. I don't know how accurate that was, but I'm hoping. **fingers crossed**

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Quoting ChristyRenee:

I've enjoyed the couple storms we got, but I'm hoping this next round isn't that much. I was on accuweather last night and it didn't look like South Jersey was going to get that much. I don't know how accurate that was, but I'm hoping. **fingers crossed**

nope south jersey isn't suppose to get much towards the pocons is suppose to get more. we are only suppose to get a dusting to 3 inches but of the mixing.

mum2boyz
by Melissa on Feb. 16, 2010 at 2:13 PM

I didn't think we were suppose to get too much.  up to 3 inches?  I didn't hear of much more, maybe just in my area?  I live in NW Jersey.  Are we getting some tonight?

in love5/24/02  Our family family in the van

My waterbabies ds1- 2/21/03smile big ds2- 9/27/04devlish ds3-6/16/07monkey My home waterbirth dd- 4/16/09smile mini

chiquis
by Mirza on Feb. 16, 2010 at 3:13 PM

I know I almost cried haha. Todds been working a lot, between people calling out and now his co-worker getting fired. So I hobbled my way outside with my hurt leg to shovel and ice our sidewalk and driveway. Was not fun at all! Lol. He's gonna yell at me for doing it but I do not need him coming home dead tired to clean up too.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 16, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Looks like we got at least 4 inches where I am. I was surprised when I went out to clean off my truck. And it's wet and sticky. What a PITA shoveling the end of the driveway that the plows dumped snow into. So glad I have a 4WD vehicle!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 16, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Oh No! I could just see you gimping your way out there! LOL!

My DH is at work until midnight :(

Quoting chiquis:

I know I almost cried haha. Todds been working a lot, between people calling out and now his co-worker getting fired. So I hobbled my way outside with my hurt leg to shovel and ice our sidewalk and driveway. Was not fun at all! Lol. He's gonna yell at me for doing it but I do not need him coming home dead tired to clean up too.

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 17, 2010 at 7:32 AM

We got another 8 inches! I hope this is IT! I'm sick of the snow!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 17, 2010 at 7:35 AM

7.5 here. UGH! What a PITA shoveling that yesterday while DH was at work until midnight! BLAH!

Quoting Habibti812:

We got another 8 inches! I hope this is IT! I'm sick of the snow!

Lilypie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)