Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

New Jersey Family of The Week....(2/15) D'voraQD

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 2:44 PM
  • 32 Replies

Everyone please welcome D'voraQD as our New Jersey Family of the Week! Please tell us about yourself and post pictures if you would like. Ladies please feel free to ask questions!

by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 2:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThinkPink23
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 2:45 PM

Who is your favorite actor?

What is one thing you always dreamed of doing..but never have?

Do you like to travel?

What do you do for a living?

how many kids do you have?

DvoraQD
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 3:16 PM

Quoting ThinkPink23:

Who is your favorite actor? Leonardo DiCaprio

What is one thing you always dreamed of doing..but never have? Good question! Living in London. I love it there so much!!

Do you like to travel? I do love love love to travel.

What do you do for a living? I am a SAHM, but I do work in Jewish outreach.

how many kids do you have?4 kids 7 year old girl and then 3 boys 5, 3, and almost  9 months.

4.5 million Jews in America have no connection to their Jewish heritage. Become a part of a growing number of Jews who are gaining wisdom, insight, and a closeness to G-d from connecting to their Jewish heritage. E-mail me today for details! torahandtalk@aol.com

You have questions we can get you the answers!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 15, 2010 at 5:21 PM

Have you ever met anyone from CM in real life?

Have you ever lived outside the USA?

Have you ever lived anywhere besides NJ?

Where did you grow up?

Do you have any siblings?

How did you meet your DH?

DvoraQD
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Quoting bhwrn1:

Have you ever met anyone from CM in real life? Yes, I actually had a fondue party at my house for some women from CM. And well, Brooke has been to my house a number of times. And I have been to hers :)

Have you ever lived outside the USA? Yes, right after getting married, my dh and I moved to Israel for 4 years. We had our first 2 kids there.

Have you ever lived anywhere besides NJ? I am originally from Westchester NY. I lived in NYC, Riverdale (the Bronx) and many places in South Florida

Where did you grow up? Westchester NY

Do you have any siblings? 1 older sister

How did you meet your DH? at work :)

4.5 million Jews in America have no connection to their Jewish heritage. Become a part of a growing number of Jews who are gaining wisdom, insight, and a closeness to G-d from connecting to their Jewish heritage. E-mail me today for details! torahandtalk@aol.com

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 15, 2010 at 6:52 PM

What is your favorite movie?

Who is your favorite singing group? (Bet I can guess! LOL!)

How did you come up with your kids' names?

Tell us something that makes you different from other people.

DvoraQD
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Quoting bhwrn1:

What is your favorite movie? Chariots of Fire

Who is your favorite singing group? (Bet I can guess! LOL!) well I don't listen to this music anymore, but I always loved Duran Duran.

How did you come up with your kids' names? Tamar Basya...Tamar is a biblical name that we loved her and the name. Basya was my grandmother who died a month before Tamar was born. Yaakov Yosef...he was a wonderful rabbi who did many beautiful things and is the grandfather of my rebbetzin. Menachem Eliyahu...Both 2 different rabbis that were very big influences to the Jewish people. Yehuda Levi...Yehuda is also a biblical name we loved and also the name of an influential rabbi. Levi was the first name of another  great leader of the Jewish people from about 200 years ago who is my great grandfather 8 times over.

Tell us something that makes you different from other people. My husband often tells me that it is not normal to care about people the way I do and do the things that I do. He says I'm a rare breed. I disagree, and feel more positive that I am the norm.

ThinkPink23
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 7:27 PM

Just wanted to say that i LOVE that all of your children have "meaningful names" (not sure if meaningful is a real word..but you know what i mean.lol)

Where is your favorite place to shop?

What does your husband do for a living?

Do you have any hobbies?

Are your children involved in sports or music?

What do your children want to be when they grow-up?

missiedoo
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 7:55 PM

What is your favorite food?

What is your favorite thing to do with your friends?

DvoraQD
by on Feb. 15, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Quoting ThinkPink23:

Just wanted to say that i LOVE that all of your children have "meaningful names" (not sure if meaningful is a real word..but you know what i mean.lol) Thank you so much!

Where is your favorite place to shop?  I don't do much shopping. But I do love Target!

What does your husband do for a living? He is a controller for a real estate company

Do you have any hobbies? I don't. I don't know why. Oh right, no time! LOL

Are your children involved in sports or music? not officially, but my 5 year old loves all kinds of sports and is very good at everything ;) My daughter goes to art classes once a week.

What do your children want to be when they grow-up? Well, that depends on the day you ask them. Usually my daughter says she wants to be a morah (hebrew for teacher) and my 5 year old says he wants to be a rebbe (teacher). But now that we just got back from Florida and went to the Miami Seaquarium, he says he wants to be a killer whale trainer! LOL Oh and just for the record, I want to be a dolphin trainer :)

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Feb. 15, 2010 at 8:50 PM

favor thing to do on the weekend.

one thing you can live without.

what kind of music do you listen to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)