Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TOTD 2/17: Winning the Lottery

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 5:26 AM
  • 14 Replies

If you won one of the big lotteries, what would you do with the money?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 5:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 17, 2010 at 7:30 AM

Tell my parents to retire, and build a new house!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 17, 2010 at 7:34 AM

That's great!

Quoting Habibti812:

Tell my parents to retire, and build a new house!

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Feb. 17, 2010 at 8:36 AM

pay off bills, give money to my dad to buy a house anywhere he wants, put some in Mikey's account, fix up our house, spend some on us and mikey, and whatever is left over put in the bank.

meegs23
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Spend it

melliesmom1207
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 8:54 AM

First I would pay off all bills. Then I would find the perfect house for my family. Then I would get a brand new car. Put money away so my DD can go to any college she wants to. I would then give money to my mom so she could  retire and spend more time with my dd ( she is always saying she wishes she could spend more time with her.) I would give my dad money so he could truely enjoy his retirement and move down south like he wants to. I would give my sister money so she could buy a farm where she could have a house and her horses in the same place.  Then whatever is leftover I would put away for emergencies.

reasopolialy
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I would make my house completely handicap accessible for my daughter Alyssa to make both her life and my life easier.  I would get a handicap accessible car and pay to have her in more therapies.  I would also put money into the kids college funds so that we won't have to worry about that in the future.  The rest I would probably donate to Alyssa's school and the camp that she attends for children with disabilities.   

Quoting bhwrn1:

akgraff
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2010 at 9:33 AM

most of it would go to taxes they take out. We'd have a good amount put aside for college funds for the kids, help make a downpayment on a house and then give the rest to charity bc we don't need more money if we already have everything...why bother having money you don't know what to do with??

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 17, 2010 at 9:48 AM

You go girl!

Quoting meegs23:

Spend it

Lilypie

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 17, 2010 at 9:52 AM

Terrific plan!

Quoting reasopolialy:

I would make my house completely handicap accessible for my daughter Alyssa to make both her life and my life easier.  I would get a handicap accessible car and pay to have her in more therapies.  I would also put money into the kids college funds so that we won't have to worry about that in the future.  The rest I would probably donate to Alyssa's school and the camp that she attends for children with disabilities.   

Quoting bhwrn1:

Lilypie

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 17, 2010 at 9:53 AM

This is why I would take the lump sum. Take all the taxes out off the top, even if it's a little more. Then I could just do with it what I please.

Quoting akgraff:

most of it would go to taxes they take out. We'd have a good amount put aside for college funds for the kids, help make a downpayment on a house and then give the rest to charity bc we don't need more money if we already have everything...why bother having money you don't know what to do with??

Lilypie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)