Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

Where to have a birthday party for a 2 year old?

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 11:37 AM
  • 20 Replies

Hey Everyone!  I'm not sure where to have my daughter's 2nd Birthday Party.  I need somewhere in Northern NJ.  Right now I've checked out the Turtleback Zoo, Gymboree, and the Little Gym.  It's only going to be about 7 kids that range in age from 18months to 6 years old.  Most are about 2-4.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

MumChevy

by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ThinkPink23
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 11:53 AM

What about just a simple at home party? i prefer to do this over having it at a facility. But i could see it being a problem if you don't have alot of room. The Little Gym sounds like fun (my daughter goes to the one that is local). What about Chuck E Cheese? When is her birthday? will it be warm enough for an outdoors party?

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 17, 2010 at 12:30 PM

Home or Chuck E Cheese would be the only places I could really think of for kids so little.. My daughter turned 4 this year and we did her party at Kids Clubhouse in Pine Island NY (We live in Vernon NJ so this is close for us) They may have programs for a younger child's party as well.. My son turns 2 in April but I'm going to do his at home! :-)

JenE4
by Member on Feb. 17, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I'm going to be following this thread. My daughter is turning 2 next week. We're just having an at-home family party, but I want to bring her somewhere fun on her actual birthday. I might bring her to the Children's Museum in Paramus. It's a bunch of make-believe play/dress up areas that's geared to children aged 2-6. They do parties, too. I think she's a bit too small for something like Funtime Junction (in Fairfield) or Kid's Cafe, Chuck E. Cheese, etc.

meegs23
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 1:58 PM

Kidnetic in Montville was cool! It's one party at a time and it's small- perfect for that age.

http://www.kidneticnj.com/

We had DD's 3rd at Jumpnasium, but it's a bit much for 2y/o's.  I went to a party last week at Funtime Junction and it was CHAOS! It freaked me out a little because when they go through the tunnels, you can't really see where they are or where they are going and there are about 5,000 kids of all ages running around!  We went to a party at a place in Kenilworth, I forget the name, but that might be too far.

melliesmom1207
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Where in Northern, NJ. Depending on where you live there is this reall cool place called Bounce U. the have a few around the state and in PA and NY.

http://www.bounceu.com/

reasopolialy
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 4:40 PM

My triplets turn 4 in april and we are having their party at Bounce U.  I'm going tomorrow to meet with the people and make the reservation.  My friend took my kids there for the "Free Jump" one day when she was watching them, and they LOVED it.  The girls can't stop talking about it.    

Quoting melliesmom1207:

Where in Northern, NJ. Depending on where you live there is this reall cool place called Bounce U. the have a few around the state and in PA and NY.

http://www.bounceu.com/

lanys_mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2010 at 4:53 PM

i did dd 2nd birthday at a resturant only because we had just moved and i wasnt ready to have a party at home - her 1st and 3rd bdays were both done at home.. you just have to come up with a few games to keep them entertained..

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 17, 2010 at 7:58 PM

I think Gymboree is perfect. What about Fun Time Junction in Fairfield? or the Children's Museum in Paramus? or The Little Gym in Waldick? or Unbelieva-Bills in Waldwick? I know there are more but I cannot remember the names :(

chiquis
by Mirza on Feb. 18, 2010 at 12:15 AM

My son is about to turn 3 (well NOT about lol but I plan super early) and I was just talking to todd tonight about his party. The baby wants bowling AGAIN but I am looking for something different. We might do Chuck E Cheese. But that place gives me a headache lol. I am going to check out that Bounce U place right now.

chiquis
by Mirza on Feb. 18, 2010 at 12:19 AM

EEK maybe I'm cheap but that place seems so expensive for such a SMALL package and time in there lol. Ok imma look for other ideas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)