Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

Where to have a birthday party for a 2 year old?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hey Everyone!  I'm not sure where to have my daughter's 2nd Birthday Party.  I need somewhere in Northern NJ.  Right now I've checked out the Turtleback Zoo, Gymboree, and the Little Gym.  It's only going to be about 7 kids that range in age from 18months to 6 years old.  Most are about 2-4.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

MumChevy

by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 11:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
chiquis
by Mirza on Feb. 18, 2010 at 12:29 AM

I want MY bday here LOL.

The Bridgwater Sports Arena
1425 Frontier Road
Bridgewater, New Jersey 08807
732-PLAY-BSA
bsaarena.com

The Bridgewater Sports Arena offers a slew of prepackaged part plans at some very fair prices. You can mold together the perfect party
that will showcase what your child likes enjoys and to assure that everyone, parents included, will have a fun and memorable time. No matter what party plan you choose, from a laser tag themed bash to a an friendly ice hockey celebration, each comes with the following:

- Freshly Made Pizza
- Soft Drinks
- Ice Cream Cake or Cup Cakes
- 10 Tokens per child
- Party Invitations
- Party Host / Hostess
- All Paper Products
- A Balloon Bouquet Center Piece
- A Gift for the Birthday Child from BSA 

Check out the BSA website for more information. The site is very infmormative and has prices for all the different party options.

Edit here are the prices and it does include food and drinks!

Party Length Soft Play Laser Tag Skating Tokens Price / Child
Blast  3.0 Hrs  no  1 Game  yes  10  $26.95
Thrill  2.5 Hrs  yes  2 Games  no  10  $26.95
Laser Zone  2.0 Hrs  no  2 Games  no  10  $23.95
Skating  2.5 Hrs  no  no  yes  10  $21.95
Amusement  1.5 Hrs  no  no  no  40  $19.95
Soft Play  1.5 Hrs  yes  no  no  10  $18.95
Hockey Ext.  2.5 Hrs  no  no  Hockey  10  $275 + $12.95
Skating Ext.  2.5 Hrs  no  no  Private  10  $275 + $12.95

chiquis
by Mirza on Feb. 18, 2010 at 12:30 AM

My son would freak oveer the turtles!! He loves them!

Reptile Kingdom
1358 Hooper Ave.
Toms River, NJ 08753
(732) 281-KING
reptilekingdom.com

Are you looking to give your child an absolutely unique birthday party? Then answer these questions...Do your kids love animals? Do reptiles on TV hold their attention? If the answers to these questions are YES, then Reptile Kingdom is the place for you. Especially for younger children (who won't get scared of the animals), Reptile Kingdom provides a fun, educational and interactive environment. Better yet, they also make house calls. They feature programs that educate kids about animals and the environments from which they come from. Their directors are hands on, and in most cases everyone gets up close and touches some of the fascinating creatures that they bring. Snakes, Lizards, Turtles and even Alligators will make their way into your home for your child's special day. Check out their site our give them to call for prices or to schedule a date.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 18, 2010 at 7:24 AM

I agree, Chuck E Cheese is a headache!

Quoting chiquis:

My son is about to turn 3 (well NOT about lol but I plan super early) and I was just talking to todd tonight about his party. The baby wants bowling AGAIN but I am looking for something different. We might do Chuck E Cheese. But that place gives me a headache lol. I am going to check out that Bounce U place right now.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

lmthen
by Member on Feb. 18, 2010 at 7:39 AM

http://www.clownaroundinc.com/Parties.htm#mce_temp_url#

CLOWN AROUND

186 Gold Mine Road, Unit 2

P.O. Box 410

Flanders, NJ 07836

(973) 691-6999

JenE4
by Member on Feb. 19, 2010 at 6:30 PM

This might sound completely silly, but I mentioned I was looking for a place for my 2-year-old to play on her birthday--not for the party, specifically. And I saw one website that said Ikea in Paramus has 11 play areas and is great for kids--and free. Has anyone ever brought their kids there to play? Is there a decent area for toddlers?

Missy323
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:04 PM

My son likes watching the planes take off from the cafeteria at Ikea!  We never went to the play area though.  My in laws have taken him to the childrens museum in Paramus and Imagine That in East Hanover and he loved both places.  I have heard great things about Kidnetic in Montville, Clown Around in Flanders, and Bouncearama in Layfayette.  They all have open play times.

JenE4
by Member on Feb. 21, 2010 at 2:57 PM

Thanks for the input on Ikea, lol. Tomorrow we decided to just go to Garden State Plaza and ride the carousel and go to Build a Bear. Then when the older kids come home from school we'll go to Chuck E. Cheese.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Chevy. It sounds like it's hard w/ a 2-year-old--but also inviting older kids. Build a Bear might be an option, too.

Quoting Missy323:

My son likes watching the planes take off from the cafeteria at Ikea!  We never went to the play area though.  My in laws have taken him to the childrens museum in Paramus and Imagine That in East Hanover and he loved both places.  I have heard great things about Kidnetic in Montville, Clown Around in Flanders, and Bouncearama in Layfayette.  They all have open play times.

Jen
Mom to Emma, 13; Wyatt, 10; and baby Sofia...babies

Group Owner
Home Office: www.cafemom.com/group/homeoffice

Juggling little ones AND deadlines? Meet others who have the best of both worlds as a work-from-home mom. (No classifieds, please.)

PASSIONPATROL
by Member on Feb. 22, 2010 at 12:02 PM

my Daughter  is turning 2 in may and we are also looking for a place to have her bday at.. I live in central jersey.

ReganChris
by Member on Feb. 23, 2010 at 1:10 PM

funtime junction in fairfield..PERFECT for 2 year olds and affordable

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 23, 2010 at 8:29 PM

I always get nervous with germs at Chuck E Cheese for some reason lol...

Giggles Playstation in Rockaway might do b-day parties- and theyhave sections for ALL ages from babies on up- IN fact there is a whole section that the "big kids" aren't even allowed in- And I feel like it's cleaner than Chuck E Cheeses too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN