Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

TOTD 2/18: Cold Remedies

Posted by   + Show Post

What is your favorite cold remedy?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Feb. 18, 2010 at 7:23 AM
Replies (11-12):
ceciliam
by Lynn on Feb. 18, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Sinupret

Quoting bhwrn1:

Handwashing is the number one way to prevent the spread of germs! Good for you!

What is Sinupret?

Quoting ceciliam:

I honestly can't remember the last time I had a cold. lol!

Luckily, this winter (so far) my son has avoided all sickness. We do a lot of hand washing, especially after being out, and we eat a lot of pro-biotic yogurt and flax seed oil. I also use a lot of garlic and onion powder when I cook.

If we are going to be out around alot of other children (like when we get together with family) I give my son Sinupret and even though this sounds crazy....when we get home after being exposed to someone who might be sick, we gargle with warm salt water because it will pretty much stop a virus in its tracks, so if you do pick up a virus it will make it less severe.

I've learned a ton of stuff since my son had a severe case of bacterial pneumonia in 2007.

jms124
by Jen on Feb. 18, 2010 at 2:59 PM

Quoting bhwrn1:

Whenever I am sick or the kids or DH is sick, we make chicken soup. We do it in the crock pot or right on the stove and it always makes us feel better!

Quoting jms124:

Homemade chicken soup and peperment tea.

Ha Ha!  I spelled Peppermint wrong! 

The week my mom died we stayed at my grandmothers (my dad's mom, my parents divorced when I was young...we stay with her because we live in NJ and the rest of my family is in PA) and my husband and I wound up with killer colds a day after the funeral.

My grandmother made a huge pot of soup and some chocolate chip cookies.  24 hours later I was better, so I swear by the soup.

It's nothing fancy, just chicken, noodles and carrots.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)