Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

TOTD 2/19: Hoarding

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2010 at 8:56 AM
  • 17 Replies

Are you a hoarder? Do you keep it organized? Why do you do it?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Feb. 19, 2010 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2010 at 9:26 AM

LOL I"m difflley not a hoarder but I try to keeps things organized but that doens't all works because I always find more stuff to organized and the stuff i just did I can't rember where i put them.

Mommy2519
by Member on Feb. 19, 2010 at 9:43 AM

i am not a hoarder lol i go threw stuff and sell it or donate it...everything in my house i try to keep crazy organized lol but my kids sometimes ruin my efforts

akgraff
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2010 at 9:44 AM

i don't haurd(sp) but i have a hard time keeping things organized bc we have no storage in the house (we need storage for a few things not big) and my desk is always all over the place. I write on anything and i have to stop doing that!

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Feb. 19, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Quoting Mommy2519:

i am not a hoarder lol i go threw stuff and sell it or donate it...everything in my house i try to keep crazy organized lol but my kids sometimes ruin my efforts

that's what i do if there is too much stuff i will just donated to goodwill. i have to go there this weekend and drop 8 bags of clothes and 1 bag of toys.

DaniL67
by Member on Feb. 19, 2010 at 9:54 AM

I don't hoard but I do keep stuff that I want to sort through, then don't have the time and end up with stacks on my dining room table. By the time I get to it all the coupons have expired and I end up throwing it all out. Guess I should just throw it out to start with.

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 19, 2010 at 10:00 AM

I am not a hoarder. At all lol. I get sentimental and like to hold on to certain things. Especially things having to do with memories for the kids (They each have thier own memory box) But I can't STAND clutter or things piling up- Once things start to get too muc hfor me I just THROW THINGS AWAY! I like things organized and not too over powering! The playroom got the throw away treatment not long ago lol

ceciliam
by Lynn on Feb. 19, 2010 at 10:02 AM

I am not a hoarder at all. I'm very good at throwing or giving things a way.

meegs23
by on Feb. 19, 2010 at 10:04 AM

I'm not a hoarder per se, but I do feel the need to hang on to things incessantly because I always think I'll use it again.  But I always purge once a year. I'm a pack rat I guess, not a hoarder...hmmm.  Although the stuff I keep is organized, there's just a lot of it kwim? I got 4 bags of donations and 4 bags of garbage from E's room alone the other day.  I'm finishing C's room today.  I have too many different size clothes intermingling right now in her room.

The upside of my pack rat organization is that anyone of you could stop here anytime and my house is in "showing" condition, even the closets. Well, my kitchen and the playroom always look like a shit show!  We just have way too much space for me to keep stuff.

I've never seen the show hoarders, but my dad said it instantly makes him want to clean something lol!

finallymomof3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2010 at 3:36 PM

HECK NO..... i hate collecting stuff that has no purpose in my house hold... i donate or give away thats how i organize my stuff lol....i just cant understand home some people live like this i know its a illness but wow even when children are being raise in this situation of bad hoarding i just cant bare to understand it....

mrsJLA
by on Feb. 19, 2010 at 5:16 PM

No. I am always giving stuff away that we no longer need (or trashing it if its not "recyclyable")

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)