Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

Are you a hoarder? Do you keep it organized? Why do you do it?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Feb. 19, 2010 at 8:56 AM
Replies (11-17):
Missy323
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:00 AM

I LOVE to throw stuff away.  I do it every chance I get!  I'm not that organized though.  I try but we just don't have enough closet space or storage. 

lovemybrie
by Jeannine on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:26 AM

im def. NOT a hoarder. i try very hard to keep everything organized, but it somehow never stays that way! i think my kids have a little someting to do w/ that ;) if i have any items, that we haven't worn in a while or used, we give to good will

mlg871
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 5:48 PM

I am so not a hoarder - I hate cludder and I"m constantly going through things and donating or tossing stuff.  My dh on the other hand is a packrat and it drives me insane. 

DearestDawn
by Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:09 PM

I am definitely not a hoarder. I am extremely neat about keeping things in order.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 22, 2010 at 5:37 AM

My kids often ruin my efforts at organization! Drives me nutso!

Quoting Mommy2519:

i am not a hoarder lol i go threw stuff and sell it or donate it...everything in my house i try to keep crazy organized lol but my kids sometimes ruin my efforts

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 22, 2010 at 5:39 AM

This is me. I don't know why I do it. Eventually, I do end up throwing the stuff away, though. I haven't seen that show, but have heard that it makes you want to clean!

Quoting meegs23:

I'm not a hoarder per se, but I do feel the need to hang on to things incessantly because I always think I'll use it again.  But I always purge once a year. I'm a pack rat I guess, not a hoarder...hmmm.  Although the stuff I keep is organized, there's just a lot of it kwim? I got 4 bags of donations and 4 bags of garbage from E's room alone the other day.  I'm finishing C's room today.  I have too many different size clothes intermingling right now in her room.

The upside of my pack rat organization is that anyone of you could stop here anytime and my house is in "showing" condition, even the closets. Well, my kitchen and the playroom always look like a shit show!  We just have way too much space for me to keep stuff.

I've never seen the show hoarders, but my dad said it instantly makes him want to clean something lol!

Lilypie

bergencounty
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2010 at 7:11 AM

Try http://www.afullcup.com/forums/ ... it matches your coupons to the current sales at each store.

Quoting DaniL67:  I don't hoard but I do keep stuff that I want to sort through, then don't have the time and end up with stacks on my dining room table. By the time I get to it all the coupons have expired and I end up throwing it all out. Guess I should just throw it out to start with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)