Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

How to find job from home?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:09 PM
  • 15 Replies

Does anybody know how and where to find job from home? I've been trying to look online, but it's mostly scam and nothing real.

by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
njcandlemom3
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Question is are you looking to start a business or work for someone?

JenE4
by Member on Feb. 21, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Also, what are your skills/experience? I was recently laid off, but I worked from home for the past year. It was an "office job," but I previously worked for my boss and she wanted me to leave my job and work from her, so she offered to let me work from home as a perk. A lot of companies offer telecommuting, since most work is done over the computer anyway. But it usually comes down to a situation where you start in an office and they might let you transition to work from home. 

Aleksaf
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2010 at 9:17 PM

I think I would prefer to work for somebody. Business is not a bad idea, But I don't  think I'm ready. 

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 22, 2010 at 5:48 AM

What about Avon? Tastefully Simple? Lia Sophia? They are not necessarily totally from home, but you can make your own schedule.

njcandlemom3
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 6:25 AM

There are a ton of Work at home Business... Some are good and some are not so good... Direct Sales are a great way to work your own hours and make the money you want to make....  However it is a lot of work... PM me is you would like more info on this...

If you are looking for a company to work for where you get a paycheck every week to two weeks... you might want to look at big companies that have call centers, or a customer service support team...

Good luck

akgraff
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2010 at 6:54 AM

i'm as lost as you are. I did avon for a while and my problem was people were not paying me what they should have and that ended up with me not being ablet o sell avon after a while :( oh well you learn you love!

Shophealthy
by New Member on Feb. 22, 2010 at 7:03 AM

You need to decide what you want to do.  Do you want to do office work at home or do you want to be in Direct Sales where you plan your own schedule?  Whatever it is that you decide to do, you need to check it out thoroughly.  You know you can always ask your Cafe friends what they think of certain ideas or companys. 

Good Luck

Kathleen

Anthonys_mommy1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:16 AM

I'd love to work from home... I'd settle for doing anything at this point. I would rather not do avon because I've heard a lot of bad things like you put more money into it than you get back... But if anyone has info on how to get a job from home I'd gladly appreciate it!

JenE4
by Member on Feb. 22, 2010 at 8:21 AM

There are several work-from-home groups on CafeMom. I can't vouch that any of the ads are legitimate, but it might be a place to start.

karladiego
by on Feb. 22, 2010 at 9:02 AM

Can somebody send me some info about Direct Sales? Thanx

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN