Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

chuck e cheese

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2010 at 10:14 AM
  • 11 Replies

has anyone taken their child to chuck e cheese? what did you like/disliked about it? i'm planning on taking my daughter on sunday when i get out of work.. i'd take her elsewhere but every place closes early and i get out of work at 3..

by on Feb. 24, 2010 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meegs23
by on Feb. 24, 2010 at 10:44 AM

I did for the first time 2 weeks ago and it was horrible. It was like wading through a chaotic germ pool, at least at the one in Paramus.  It was overcrowded, smelly, hot- ugh. There is one here in Wayne, but I've never been.

Apparently other people don't mind though. 

mlg871
by on Feb. 24, 2010 at 10:58 AM

I only one I've ever been to is in DE actually, it wasn't bad.  it was small and very cluddered, which I hate, but dd loved it. 

I thought it was ok, not clean up to my standards (lol) but not fithy either, it is extremely hot in there though, I dont' know why that is.

Oh, the pizza wasn't that great and if you don't like your dd to drink soda or sugary punch I would bring your own sippy cup or thermos because that's all they have.

finallymomof3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2010 at 11:04 AM

I have gone there and to be honest its better to go early less crowed and your child gets to enjoy her time there...

BTW the one is Wayne is horrible i go to the one on 1-9 in north Bergen everything was remodel the last time i went and smell clean LMAO

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 24, 2010 at 1:39 PM

I have and I don't like it. The one by me is crowded and I don't find it to be all that clean. The food is not really all that good. It is loud and kids are running everywhere. I just didn't enjoy it at all. DS was less than pleased with it, as well.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 24, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Yes, the Paramus one is the one I have been to and YUCK is all I can say!

Quoting meegs23:

I did for the first time 2 weeks ago and it was horrible. It was like wading through a chaotic germ pool, at least at the one in Paramus.  It was overcrowded, smelly, hot- ugh. There is one here in Wayne, but I've never been.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 24, 2010 at 6:30 PM

I used to go kind of often. It isn't too bad during the week when it's not super crowded, and some are cleaner than others. but some are kind of filthy and I always feel they are germ infested. one good thing about Chuck E Cheese is they stamp the child's hand and are (supposed) to check they match the parent before leaving- although I've seen these teenagers slacking on this job. I tend to like Giggles Playstation in Rockaway better..

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 24, 2010 at 6:30 PM

The one in Wayne is filthy!

Quoting meegs23:

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

JenE4
by Member on Feb. 24, 2010 at 9:37 PM

I went to the one in Wayne on Monday. I have to say, it was NICE going on a weeknight. There was practically no one else in the place. The weekends are a madhouse. But all three of my kids had fun--even the 2-year-old (it was her birthday).

lanys_mom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2010 at 11:22 PM

hmm so im will deff not take my dd there - i was planning on going to the one on Rt 22 which is 5 min away from me

chiquis
by Mirza on Feb. 24, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Most people know how I feel about this place lol.  I don't like it! But we do take the kids now and then. Its loud and so many parents do not watch their kids grrrr!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)