Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

Baby Shower

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2010 at 10:50 AM
  • 9 Replies

Hey ladies!  I'm really hoping you can all help me out.  I'm throwing a baby shower and everything is coming out wonderful!  It's a woodland forest theme.  It's to die for.  But i'm having issues with the dreaded shower games!!!!  It's all the same, are there any unique games to do?  We've done the bingo, poopy diaper, and size of momma's belly.  But is there anything else?  I've always hated this part!  

Please help!

by on Feb. 24, 2010 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Missy323
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2010 at 10:56 AM

I like the idea of buying plain onsies in different sizes and puffy paints and let the guests decorate them for the new baby.  Its a fun activity and then the mom has a bunch of onesies.  The last shower I went to they passed around jars of baby food with the labels removed and you had to guess what it was.

melliesmom1207
by on Feb. 24, 2010 at 11:10 AM

The clothes pin game is fun and you really dont have to do much. Get some yarn, pink 4 girl blue 4 boy, and some clothes pins. Make a necklace out of the yarn big enough to go over people heads. Then attach a clothes pin to each one and give on to each guest. Then every time someone says baby whom ever hears it gets to take that persons clothes pin. Then at the end of the shower whomever has the most clothes pins wins a prize.

finallymomof3
by Bronze Member on Feb. 24, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I did the poop in the diaper but instead of everyone guessing what was inside i pin everyone with mini decorative pampers i made and when all the games where over i ask every to take them off and check who had the poopy diaper lol.... remember you cant say anything to anybody

melliesmom1207
by on Feb. 24, 2010 at 11:14 AM

here is a website that has some different games

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/babyshowergames/tp/topshowergames.htm

Kim24kids
by on Feb. 24, 2010 at 11:54 AM

this site is GREAT!!!GL

Quoting melliesmom1207:

here is a website that has some different games

http://pregnancy.about.com/od/babyshowergames/tp/topshowergames.htm

mrsJLA
by on Feb. 24, 2010 at 12:32 PM

They played this game at my shower- it was definitely funny.

http://www.ababyshower.com/mywabrbbashg.html

elicadabal07
by Elli on Feb. 24, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Thanks so much for all the ideas!!!!!

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 24, 2010 at 6:26 PM

My cousin did a great "game" at my shower- I still treasure it today and thought it was really unique! She had bought craft supplies and gave each person one scrapbook page and plenty of different crafting supplies. Then they each wrote my son's Name "Sami" going vertically down the paper and next to each letter of his name they put an adjetive

example::

S- Super!

A- Awesome

M- Mommy's little guy

I - Irresistable

Then she took a polaroid photo of each guest and put it with their page and put it into a scrapbook for me

It was GREAT and I love it so much! Hoep that helps! :-)

ctouzet
by Member on Feb. 25, 2010 at 9:17 AM

This was done at my last shower.  My guests (including one male) loved this activity & actually got as silly & competitive as little kids in kdgn.  We started this activity early in the party & hung them to dry on a small clothes line with mini decorative cloths pins (found in Ikea).  The clothesline added to the decor of the shower & put everyone's art work on display.  My daughter wore each & every onesie & as a thank you I sent a pic to each artist of my daughter proudly showcasing their work.

As for games, I bought mini plastic babies in a local party souvenir shop & froze them in ice cubes.  I had one for each guest & handed them out in a clear plastic cup upon arrival.  Each cup was labeled either girl or boy.  The object of the game was to be the first boy or girl melted out of the ice cube (born) without any help (no holding, adding beverages, chipping, etc.).   I gave out a prize to the guest with the first boy & one to the first girl born.

Another one we played was "Don't say Baby" (or if you have multi-languages spoken, the equivalent translation of the word baby or any derivative of the word to make it challenging).  The game is played by handing each guest a small/medium sized safety pin.  Ask the guest to pin it onto themselves & go on to enjoy the party.  Anyone hearing a fellow guest saying the word "baby" can confiscate his or her pin(s) & add it to theirs.  The object is to collect the most pins by the end of the party.

For conversation starters you can simply ask any older guest to share any funny/outlandish stories they have of the expectant mom or dad.  These are often news to the expectant parents & prove to be hillarious.

I unlike you LOVE this part of planning a party, so if you need any other suggestions please feel free to message me.

Quoting Missy323:

I like the idea of buying plain onsies in different sizes and puffy paints and let the guests decorate them for the new baby.  Its a fun activity and then the mom has a bunch of onesies. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN