Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

Windows 7?

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2010 at 6:35 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I wasn't around very much the last 2 weeks because my computer crashed hard and was surfing from my blackberry or anywhere else I could get online!

Anyways- Hubby just bought a new computer last night and it came with Windows 7.. It's so different from Vista! EVERYTHING is different..

Do any of you have Windows 7?

Any neat features I should know about?

Any tips for me to make learning to use it easier?

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

by on Feb. 24, 2010 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 24, 2010 at 7:04 PM

I have Windows 7. I like it much better than Vista, but many of the features are still the same. I haven't found anything neat to use yet. What is making it harder for you to use as opposed to Vista?

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 24, 2010 at 7:14 PM

Well I really loved Vista.. I guess because its' just different looking.. LIke the icons that go along the bottom there... And The icons at the top.. I dont' know what they are for.. I guess I have to get used to it- It does look very nice I have to say!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 24, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Just scroll over the icons and they tell you what they are for; the pictures pretty much say it all. I don't use the icons. They are there to actually make things easier. Like the office icon, if you click on it, it gives you a drop down with office programs: word, powerpoint. I like that since I have trouble with doing it through the start menu. Not sure if you can customize that bar or not, but I bet you can.

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 24, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I saw you can operate two windows side by side. My friend said to line them up and they should "snap" together to make them seamless.. But I haven't had luck doing this.. THey just sit next to eachother.. I saw this advertised on tv too- but I can't make it happen.. Have you been able to do this?

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 24, 2010 at 8:16 PM

I did it once. DH helped me. Hmmm...have to try to remember how I did it, though.

Quoting Habibti812:

I saw you can operate two windows side by side. My friend said to line them up and they should "snap" together to make them seamless.. But I haven't had luck doing this.. THey just sit next to eachother.. I saw this advertised on tv too- but I can't make it happen.. Have you been able to do this?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 24, 2010 at 8:18 PM

Hmmm...I have them side by side but they don't "snap". What does that mean, anyway?

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 24, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Like they will make themselves into one window- they become seamless, you can't tell where one ends and the other begins.. I saw it on the TV last night too! But I can't get it to do it!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Feb. 24, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I can't get them to do it. Neither can DH.

meegs23
by on Feb. 24, 2010 at 8:55 PM

I went from Vista to Mac and I'm still lost....that was 3 months ago!  AND I consider myself somewhat computer savvy! Call the Geek people at Best Buy!

Habibti812
by Joni on Feb. 24, 2010 at 8:56 PM
Well at least its not just me!!! LOL if you guys figure it out let me know! And if I figure it out I will let you know!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)