Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lyme Disease

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:08 AM
  • 9 Replies

Does anyone know about it? Can you tell me some information about it?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
akgraff
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:15 AM

my mil had it, apparantly its caused from like a tick and you have to take sterroids to get rid of the infection.

Lyme disease is an inflammatory disease spread through a tick bite.

http://www.turnthecorner.org/lyme-disease-quick-facts.htm

mom2brian
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:34 AM

My husband has it, but it is dormant right now.  Before we met, he was fishing in some high grass along a lake.  He got bite by a deer tick, but didn't know it.  He never had the bulls eye.  Hisback start to hurt all the time.  He went to the doctor and then gave him some muscle relaxers, but they didn't work.  So they did a blood test and found out he had Lyme Disease.  They put him on some antibiotics and he has been ok since then.  That was over 14 years ago.

From what I understand it stays in your system for life but goes dormant and you can have it come back at any time.

CafeMom Tickers
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:36 AM

My mom has it and she is always sick. I feel badly for her. No bulls eye for her.

Quoting mom2brian:

My husband has it, but it is dormant right now.  Before we met, he was fishing in some high grass along a lake.  He got bite by a deer tick, but didn't know it.  He never had the bulls eye.  Hisback start to hurt all the time.  He went to the doctor and then gave him some muscle relaxers, but they didn't work.  So they did a blood test and found out he had Lyme Disease.  They put him on some antibiotics and he has been ok since then.  That was over 14 years ago.

From what I understand it stays in your system for life but goes dormant and you can have it come back at any time.

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

mom2brian
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:42 AM

Did they catch it early or late?  They say the earlier you catch it, you won't have as many side effects from it.  Sorry I wasn't more help.

Quoting bhwrn1:

My mom has it and she is always sick. I feel badly for her. No bulls eye for her.

Quoting mom2brian:

CafeMom Tickers
Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:46 AM

My brother has this. And he's been on antibiotics like a freaking year!! He got bells palsy from it as well which was scary because his one side became paralyzed and we thought he was having a stroke- This is how they found out he had lyme disease!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:55 AM

Late. She has had medical problems (Depression, Fibromyalgia, etc.) all my life. They say she must have gotten it when she was young. Odd b/c she grew up in Brooklyn. She is reading all sorts of stuff on it and how it can be misdiagnosed and such.

Quoting mom2brian:

Did they catch it early or late?  They say the earlier you catch it, you won't have as many side effects from it.  Sorry I wasn't more help.

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting mom2brian:

Lilypie

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Apparantly it can cause all types of other symptoms and you can be misdiagnosed.

Quoting Habibti812:

My brother has this. And he's been on antibiotics like a freaking year!! He got bells palsy from it as well which was scary because his one side became paralyzed and we thought he was having a stroke- This is how they found out he had lyme disease!

Lilypie

Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:56 AM

I had heard if you catch it very early it can be cured.. Does anyone know if that's true?

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:57 AM

This is what I have heard and what my mom has read while doing research.

Quoting Habibti812:

I had heard if you catch it very early it can be cured.. Does anyone know if that's true?

Lilypie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)