Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bottles, sippy cups and more...

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:06 PM
  • 13 Replies

When did your kids stop using a bottle? binkie? sippy cup?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Mikey never like the binky and he was off the bottle when he turn one. He was really easy to get him off the bottle and switch to the sippy cup which he still uses now. We use the sippy cup with straws.

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:10 PM

Does he use a regular cup, also?

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Mikey never like the binky and he was off the bottle when he turn one. He was really easy to get him off the bottle and switch to the sippy cup which he still uses now. We use the sippy cup with straws.

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:14 PM

My daughter is the only one who took a bottle of my milk, and it was only on occassion so bhy the time she was a year she wasn't using it.

My son never took a bottle but he's still nursing.

And my youngest doesn't take bottles etiher.

None of them ever took a binky.. We don't even have bottles or binkys in the house...

My daughter stopped with teh sippy at around 3 and my son still takes one.

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Quoting bhwrn1:

Does he use a regular cup, also?

Quoting LoriAnn87:

nope he doens't know how to drink from a regular cup but he trys to drink out of mind or my husband drinks so what we do is give him a straw so he drink out of our cup.

Mommy2519
by Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:29 PM

ok i have 4....

1st- she had her bottle until she was 2 and her paci until 2 1/2...bad i know!...she is almost 4 and has a cup with a straw that we use when we go out...she can drink from a regular cup and water bottle

2nd-she never liked the paci and we took the bottle away at 16months....she is 2 1/2 and she has the same cup w/ a straw and drinks from cups and water bottles also

3rd- she took herself off of the bottle at 14 months...paci at around 4 months she just didnt want it anymore....sippy cup with a straw

4th-hes only 4 months lol so still uses paci and bottle

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:37 PM

My oldest (now 6) took a binkie from about 4-5 months until 13 months and a bottle until 13 months. I took the binkie and bottle away at the same time. He would not nurse, so I didn't get to BF him. He started with a sippy at 7 months and learned to drink from a regular cup around 3 1/2. He still uses these Thermos straw cups when we go out and about.

My second son (now 3) only took a binkie for two months from 6-8 months. He was off the bottle by 12 months. We had to do bottles of BM for daycare. He still uses a sippy cup and straw cup, but he has been able to drink from a regular cup since he was 2.

My LO is almost 9 months and he does not take a binkie. Competely refuses it. He will only chew on it if you give it to him. He still takes a bottle b/c he goes to daycare. So he gets BM that way. I will take the bottle away at 12 months. I started him on a soft spout sippy at 5 months but he is still learning to use the sippy. I can't seem to find one he really likes.

jms124
by Jen on Mar. 6, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Connor never used the binkie, he was off the bottle around 15 months (13 months adjusted for his prematurity) and he still uses a sippy cup when we go out to eat of at his one grandparents house.

Chloe was off the binkie around 6-8 weeks and off the bottle around 12 months.  She is still using a sippy most of the time at home because she had yet to understand that if you turn the cup over the stuff will come out.

bhwrn1
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:17 PM

My 6 y/o still doesn't understand this!

Quoting jms124:

Connor never used the binkie, he was off the bottle around 15 months (13 months adjusted for his prematurity) and he still uses a sippy cup when we go out to eat of at his one grandparents house.

Chloe was off the binkie around 6-8 weeks and off the bottle around 12 months.  She is still using a sippy most of the time at home because she had yet to understand that if you turn the cup over the stuff will come out.

Lilypie

reasopolialy
by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 11:12 PM

My 3 (almost 4) year olds can use a regular cup, but most of the time I give them sippy cups just because its less to clean up lol.  They are not attached, it's just whatever I give them they use.    They were off bottles around 18 months and off paci's around the same time. (but starting right before their 1st birthday, I only let them have it at night).

My oldest was off the paci around 6-7 months, bottles stopped around 18 months, and a sippy cup around 3.  

None of my kids were truly attached to these items, they stopped without any type of withdrawal as soon as I took them away

mum2boyz
by Melissa on Mar. 7, 2010 at 10:58 PM

ds1-paci at 4 months, bottle at 20 months.  I nursed him till he was 13 months, I didn't mind that he was still on the bottle and didn't care what others thought.  Sippy around 3 1/2 -4

ds2- paci 6 months, I'm sure he took a bottle but I don't remember when he stopped, I think he was 16 months, he was also still nursing then.  Sippy around 3 1/2

ds3- paci 24ish months.  bottle.... Again EBF, he didn't have it for long ... 15 months so 3 months altogether ??  He's still using a sippy, he's 2 1/2

dd- refused paci and bottle.  She's almost 11 months and just started taking a bottle with my milk.  I should just skip the bottle and go straight to the sippy but there's something about a bottle that seems more soothing than a sippy..... to me anyway lol

in love5/24/02  Our family family in the van

My waterbabies ds1- 2/21/03smile big ds2- 9/27/04devlish ds3-6/16/07monkey My home waterbirth dd- 4/16/09smile mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)