Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Planes, trains and automobiles

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:08 PM
  • 20 Replies

When traveling with your kids, how do you keep them occupied? What do you do for them so they won't complain?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Our van had a DVD player. Best. Invention. Ever.

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Mikey is too young to complain yet but most of the time when we are taking a traveling with him he is sleeping. But when he is up we sing to him or he plays with his toys he has in the car.

lanys_mom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:22 PM

we have a portable dvd player and we also bring some toys and coloring books and what not to keep her entertained if we go somewhere really far

Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 6, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Portable is probably great because you could even bring that on a plane with you!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I so dont' want a minivan but may just have to give in b/c of this! LOL! I have a 2 screen DVD player in my truck, so it's works for now!

Quoting Habibti812:

Our van had a DVD player. Best. Invention. Ever.

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Besides my car player, we have two portable players. They have been a G-dsend on planes.

Quoting Habibti812:

Portable is probably great because you could even bring that on a plane with you!

Lilypie

Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:23 PM

I have a hard time getting my kids to sit still on planes, Coloring books just don't do it! And I always forget that portable dvd player we have!

Quoting bhwrn1:

Besides my car player, we have two portable players. They have been a G-dsend on planes.

Quoting Habibti812:

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Mar. 6, 2010 at 9:30 PM

This and snacks you don't give them often are great things to get them to sit still!

Quoting Habibti812:

I have a hard time getting my kids to sit still on planes, Coloring books just don't do it! And I always forget that portable dvd player we have!

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting Habibti812:

Lilypie

chiquis
by on Mar. 7, 2010 at 3:23 AM

My kids love to play there Nintendo Ds's when on a long trip. I haven't traveled with them on a plane since they were tiny.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Mar. 7, 2010 at 6:56 AM

This is my oldest son's new thing. He likes to bring his Nintendo EVERYWHERE! It does keep him occupied. My middle son has one of those V-tech handheld games, but I think he's still too young to really understand how to use it. We had one for my oldest son and he figured it out at a young age so we thought that my middle son would do the same. But he hasn't gotten it yet.

Quoting chiquis:

My kids love to play there Nintendo Ds's when on a long trip. I haven't traveled with them on a plane since they were tiny.

Lilypie

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)