Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite restaurants in northern New Jersey

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 7:59 PM
  • 20 Replies

My husband and I - and sometimes we let our kids tag along too - like to try new restaurants in our area.  What are your favorite restaurants in northern New Jersey?

by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 10, 2010 at 8:05 PM

We mostly go to chain restaurants since our children are small and chain restaurants tend to be the most kid friendly. LoL. However, my Dad is a "regular" at some nicer restaurants so he brings the kids and I there (Those poor people!) And Ir eally love "Eccola" in Parsippany- there food is TDF and they have outstanding service! Cafe Navona .. I'm not exactly sure the town but it is in the Parsippany area, is also DELICIOUS! Love it there!

meegs23
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Looove Eccola!  The original owners of Cafe Navona used to have a restaurant in Wharton called Harlequin Cafe- it was delish!  Cafe Navona was where we told my parents that I was pregnant with our first!

Quoting Habibti812:

We mostly go to chain restaurants since our children are small and chain restaurants tend to be the most kid friendly. LoL. However, my Dad is a "regular" at some nicer restaurants so he brings the kids and I there (Those poor people!) And Ir eally love "Eccola" in Parsippany- there food is TDF and they have outstanding service! Cafe Navona .. I'm not exactly sure the town but it is in the Parsippany area, is also DELICIOUS! Love it there!

chiquis
by Mirza on Mar. 10, 2010 at 9:35 PM

Hmm .. Like Habi we mostly do chain ones too. But we love going to Medieval times and Mt Fuji. The kids love going to Mt Fuji.

Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 10, 2010 at 9:35 PM

So you are familiar with them! They are both really nice restaurants! I always feel guilty bringing my kids there, but everyone is so nice! lol

Quoting meegs23:

Looove Eccola!  The original owners of Cafe Navona used to have a restaurant in Wharton called Harlequin Cafe- it was delish!  Cafe Navona was where we told my parents that I was pregnant with our first!

Quoting Habibti812:

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 10, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Where is Habi? What kind of food?

Quoting chiquis:

Hmm .. Like Habi we mostly do chain ones too. But we love going to Medieval times and Mt Fuji. The kids love going to Mt Fuji.

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

meegs23
by on Mar. 10, 2010 at 9:38 PM

We bring our kids everywhere to eat.  The fanciest place they have been is Il Capriccio in Parsippany. They are very well behaved in restaurants.

Chain restaurants we do are PF ChangOs, Cali Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory

We go to South City Grill, Lunellos, Novellis, Portobello, Black Horse Tavern, Il Mondo Vecchio, Lava, The Greenhouse...there are lots- we eat out a lot!

A woman should be two things: classy and fabulous.  - Coco Chanel

chiquis
by Mirza on Mar. 10, 2010 at 9:40 PM

I am watching a movie and read this and laughed so loud todd kicked me lmao. I meant Habi as in you Habibti812 but didnt type out your whole sn. Lol.

Quoting Habibti812:

Quoting chiquis:

Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 10, 2010 at 9:42 PM

I have been to that one in Parsippany I think.. I used to work for my father in Parsippany and we went on a LOT of business lunches... Sometimes I miss that LOL i ate really well!

Quoting meegs23:

We bring our kids everywhere to eat.  The fanciest place they have been is Il Capriccio in Parsippany. They are very well behaved in restaurants.

Chain restaurants we do are PF ChangOs, Cali Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory

We go to South City Grill, Lunellos, Novellis, Portobello, Black Horse Tavern, Il Mondo Vecchio, Lava, The Greenhouse...there are lots- we eat out a lot!

Habibti812
by Joni on Mar. 10, 2010 at 9:43 PM

OHHHHHHHH LOOOOOOOOL. Okay now after re-reading it makes more sense. lol I didn't read it closely enough!

Quoting chiquis:

I am watching a movie and read this and laughed so loud todd kicked me lmao. I meant Habi as in you Habibti812 but didnt type out your whole sn. Lol.

Quoting Habibti812:

Quoting chiquis:

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Mar. 10, 2010 at 9:47 PM

We don't eat out too much. Just too stressful with three kids.

I really enjoy Sanducci's in Riveredge. They have good Italian food (even DH, who is Italian and hates to eat it out, likes it). Hanami in Cresskill has good Sushi. Sam Dam (also in Cresskill) has great mediterrainian food. Greenleaf in Hackensack has good Brazilian BBQ. Allendale Bar and Grill has good "bar" type food, burgers are yummo!

For chain restaurants I like Friday's and Ruby Tuesdays.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)