Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Northern NJ Hot Spots!

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 7:12 PM
  • 29 Replies

Not for us, but for the kids. I am looking for things to do on my day off with my 3 y/o and the baby. I need tried and true places to go that you have visited and know they are good or not good. Let me hear them, ladies!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Apr. 27, 2010 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Habibti812
by Joni on Apr. 27, 2010 at 7:29 PM

You know I'm so disappointed about Fairy Tale Forest and Gingerbread castle being closed, They were two of my favorite places to go as a child!! It stinks!

There is always Turtle Back zoo or Land of Make Believe!

Habibti812
by Joni on Apr. 27, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Oh Space Farms too!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Apr. 27, 2010 at 8:37 PM

I really want to go to LOMB. But it is a little far for me to go by myself with the kids.

I haven't been to Space Farms, but have heard mixed reviews.

I plan on doing Turtle Back this summer, definitely! My mom doesn't live far from there, so she will most likely join me since she is around on Wednesdays.

Quoting Habibti812:

You know I'm so disappointed about Fairy Tale Forest and Gingerbread castle being closed, They were two of my favorite places to go as a child!! It stinks!

There is always Turtle Back zoo or Land of Make Believe!

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Habibti812
by Joni on Apr. 27, 2010 at 8:38 PM

The animals at Space Farms do look slightly sad and depressed- but the museums are really neat.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Apr. 27, 2010 at 8:39 PM

I think it will probably take me about an hour to get there, so it has to be worth it!

Quoting Habibti812:

The animals at Space Farms do look slightly sad and depressed- but the museums are really neat.

Lilypie

Habibti812
by Joni on Apr. 27, 2010 at 8:43 PM

loool Yes it would take you at LEAST an hour. It's really quite far off of Rt 23. The museums are really neat , if you find the stuff interesting it could be worth the trip. It's not too expensive which I like, and you can bring a picnic lunch- there are also play areas which my kids always enjoy. There is an old toy museum which is my favorite- I have a fasinaction with antique toys. there are TONS of antique cars and other veichles (Amongst is a child's horse drawn hearse with a tiny casket- it always sticks out and distrubs me) There are also some horse drawn carriages or things one of the PResidents have ridden in... I can't remember which I think one of the Roosevelts. The guys antique collection of all things is really a site to see. if you like antiques it may be worth teh trip for that reason.

Quoting bhwrn1:

I think it will probably take me about an hour to get there, so it has to be worth it!

Quoting Habibti812:

Proud Momma to the prince and princess (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

Habibti812
by Joni on Apr. 27, 2010 at 8:44 PM

http://www.spacefarms.com/

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Apr. 27, 2010 at 8:45 PM

My FIL would love it there. He collects antique toys. I am sure he's been.

Quoting Habibti812:

loool Yes it would take you at LEAST an hour. It's really quite far off of Rt 23. The museums are really neat , if you find the stuff interesting it could be worth the trip. It's not too expensive which I like, and you can bring a picnic lunch- there are also play areas which my kids always enjoy. There is an old toy museum which is my favorite- I have a fasinaction with antique toys. there are TONS of antique cars and other veichles (Amongst is a child's horse drawn hearse with a tiny casket- it always sticks out and distrubs me) There are also some horse drawn carriages or things one of the PResidents have ridden in... I can't remember which I think one of the Roosevelts. The guys antique collection of all things is really a site to see. if you like antiques it may be worth teh trip for that reason.

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting Habibti812:

Lilypie

Habibti812
by Joni on Apr. 27, 2010 at 8:46 PM

Yes then he'd be into all the stuff they have there! The antiques are my favorite part! They are really neat.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Apr. 28, 2010 at 4:47 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)