Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Memorial Day

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:56 AM
  • 28 Replies

What will you be doing Memorial day Weekend??

Do you have a tradition?

Do you have plans?

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
melliesmom1207
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:31 AM

On Sat. my dh and I will be going to a Celtic Festival, Sunday I am not sure what is going on yet, then on Monday we will be going to the parade our town does every year. My dh is part of the American Legion Honor Guard Team so he will be leading the parade and my dd is trying to win poppy queen so she can be in the parade. After the parade we will be going to my DH's aunts house to have a picnic with his family. I am nervous about going because I am going to finally meet his family. I have only met his aunt and cousins, but his uncles from all over the country will be coming in for a visit so it is like a family reunion too. Then we leave for the Shore on Tuesday!!!!!!!

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 10:35 AM

no traditon just a bbq and swimming with friends.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 24, 2010 at 11:07 AM

No tradition. We were going to my cousin's on Sat, but now I think we'll just stay home. We have to get a lot of things in order for c's party in a few weeks. My parents might take the boys overnight one night. That would help us tremendously. We will probably bbq on Monday. Maybe go to my parents for it.

chiquis
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:38 AM

No tradition and no idea what we are doing lol. But most likely it will be at the lake or water park or anything with water! Lol. I need to swim asap!

Habibti812
by Joni on May. 24, 2010 at 12:32 PM

This sounds like a lot of fun!

Quoting melliesmom1207:

On Sat. my dh and I will be going to a Celtic Festival, Sunday I am not sure what is going on yet, then on Monday we will be going to the parade our town does every year. My dh is part of the American Legion Honor Guard Team so he will be leading the parade and my dd is trying to win poppy queen so she can be in the parade. After the parade we will be going to my DH's aunts house to have a picnic with his family. I am nervous about going because I am going to finally meet his family. I have only met his aunt and cousins, but his uncles from all over the country will be coming in for a visit so it is like a family reunion too. Then we leave for the Shore on Tuesday!!!!!!!

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

Habibti812
by Joni on May. 24, 2010 at 12:32 PM

That sounds great!!You could get some alone time with hubby!

Quoting bhwrn1:

No tradition. We were going to my cousin's on Sat, but now I think we'll just stay home. We have to get a lot of things in order for c's party in a few weeks. My parents might take the boys overnight one night. That would help us tremendously. We will probably bbq on Monday. Maybe go to my parents for it.

Habibti812
by Joni on May. 24, 2010 at 12:34 PM

I always used to watch the Memorial day parade by my Grandfathers before he passed away. He had a Model A and used to ride it in the parade- so I got to ride in the rumble seat~ My Mom used to tell me it was a parade for my birthday (My bday is the 31st of may and always fell around that time)

We usually have a bbq at my Dad's on Memorial day for my birthday, so that's likely what I'm doing this year too.

meegs23
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Down the shore to my in-laws.  Friday we have the Spring Lake kids race, then a rehearsal dinner. Saturday I run the SL5 in the am and we have a wedding that afternoon.  Sunday we will probably head back so we can go to a bbq at our cc.

Habibti812
by Joni on May. 24, 2010 at 1:41 PM

That sounds like a lot of fun! My cousin's boyfriend has a house in Spring Lake and they always go there!

Quoting meegs23:

Down the shore to my in-laws.  Friday we have the Spring Lake kids race, then a rehearsal dinner. Saturday I run the SL5 in the am and we have a wedding that afternoon.  Sunday we will probably head back so we can go to a bbq at our cc.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 24, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Maybe. Althouhg, with the way things are going at night with the baby, not likely! Last night he woke at 10pm and when DH went in to get him, he screamed bloody murder at him and was pushing him away and trying to get out of his arms! Poor DH, C is gonna make him think he doesn't like him. Silly booby baby!

Quoting Habibti812:

That sounds great!!You could get some alone time with hubby!

Quoting bhwrn1:

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)