Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lightweight/compact stroller

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:18 PM
  • 32 Replies

Hi ladies.  I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions about a lightweight and compact folding stroller.  I'm going to visit family in Spain and my 1 1/2 year old daughter obviously needs assistance walking through JFK airport and then the airports in Spain.  I'm looking for something that folds up small in order to bring into the cabin storage.  But I don't want anything flimsy either.  I've heard the Maclaren's are great, but there are so many to choose from.  I don't even know the difference they all look so similair.  Please help!!!!!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 12:25 PM

I have right now a kolcraft unmbrella stroller for my son and it was 20 bucks in babies r us but now he is getting bigger he is can't use the stroller anymore so I have been looking for new one for him and I have found a couple on babies r us. Here is a link.

http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2256203

bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 24, 2010 at 12:26 PM

I am pretty sure you will not be allowed to take the stroller in the cabin. They will check it at the gate for you and have it for you when you disembark on the other side. There is not stroller that would fit in a cabin storage unit well, anyway.

That being said, I have a McClaren Quest and I love it. Lightweight, folds up small, nice storage underneath, 5 point harness. Only thing is it does not have a tray or any kind of cup holders (you can buy a cup holder thing for it, though). And they are a bit pricey. But we have had our single for 4 1/2 years and it still works great. I do believe there are also cheaper models.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Habibti812
by Joni on May. 24, 2010 at 12:36 PM

I am going to Echo Mclarens! THey are AWESOME~ They steer so much easier than a regular lightweight stroller. ANd they hold up too.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 24, 2010 at 12:50 PM

They do steer easily. I am often pushing it with just one hand!

Quoting Habibti812:

I am going to Echo Mclarens! THey are AWESOME~ They steer so much easier than a regular lightweight stroller. ANd they hold up too.

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Habibti812
by Joni on May. 24, 2010 at 12:52 PM

Exactly! I found I couldn't do that with other umbrella strollers.

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting Habibti812:

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 24, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I have the Techno double, as well and you can push that with one hand, although it is much harder b/c now you have the weight of two children in there.

Quoting Habibti812:

Exactly! I found I couldn't do that with other umbrella strollers.

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting Habibti812:

Lilypie

meegs23
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:29 PM

You'll have to gate check the stroller- which is fine. They take it as you get on and it will be there when you get off the plane.  I have the Maclaren- I love it.  It's the Quest- I liked it because it reclines.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 24, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Oh wait, this is the single I have! DUH! My double is the Techno and they make it in a Triumph, but I prefered the Tecno. So easy to fold and I like that it reclines, too. Did you know you can use these strollers with newborns? I got one of those inserts for mine and started using it when C was only 2 months old! My double is like the single Quest, both sides recline pretty much to flat.

Quoting meegs23:

You'll have to gate check the stroller- which is fine. They take it as you get on and it will be there when you get off the plane.  I have the Maclaren- I love it.  It's the Quest- I liked it because it reclines.

Lilypie

jms124
by Jen on May. 24, 2010 at 1:38 PM

I have this one by Baby Trend, in a different color.

I LOVE it!

It's light, but the seat reclines and there is storage under the seat.  The parent's tray is nice and it's removable.

The child's tray may be a little high if you have a really tiny little girl, but it was fine for Connor when he was about that age.

I'm only 5"10" and I have to bend over to push umbrella strollers but I'm fine with this one.  Something to consider if your SO or other family members are taller.

We got it at Babies R Us.

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Quoting jms124:

I have this one by Baby Trend, in a different color.

I LOVE it!

It's light, but the seat reclines and there is storage under the seat.  The parent's tray is nice and it's removable.

The child's tray may be a little high if you have a really tiny little girl, but it was fine for Connor when he was about that age.

I'm only 5"10" and I have to bend over to push umbrella strollers but I'm fine with this one.  Something to consider if your SO or other family members are taller.

We got it at Babies R Us.

that is really cute.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)