Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clothes shopping!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:44 PM
  • 15 Replies

Do you prefer to order online or go in person so you can try things on?

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jms124
by Jen on May. 24, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I like to go try things on but I have no problem ordering on line if they pay for the return shipping or I can return it to the store if I don't like it.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM

I go to the store. But I don't try things on, I bring them home most of the time and try them there. If they don't fit I bring them back. I try to find brands I know have fit in the past and that way I don't have to try them on. I have bought very little for myself online b/c I don't want to have to send it back. I do order online for the kids, though. Much easier for them than for me!

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 12:50 PM

I do my clothes shopping online because they have more of selection the stores but also they carry more things in my size online then the stores.

Habibti812
by Joni on May. 24, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I don't try on either. But I like to go to the store so I can see waht I'm getting. I like to feel the fabric. Sometimes it's hard to tell from a picture online!

Quoting bhwrn1:

I go to the store. But I don't try things on, I bring them home most of the time and try them there. If they don't fit I bring them back. I try to find brands I know have fit in the past and that way I don't have to try them on. I have bought very little for myself online b/c I don't want to have to send it back. I do order online for the kids, though. Much easier for them than for me!

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

Habibti812
by Joni on May. 24, 2010 at 12:53 PM

Do most stores pay for return shipping?

Quoting jms124:

I like to go try things on but I have no problem ordering on line if they pay for the return shipping or I can return it to the store if I don't like it.

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Quoting jms124:

me too never had a problem. target and old navy offer free return shipping.

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Quoting Habibti812:

Quoting jms124:

old navy and target does. when i shop at old navy. com it will say return by mail free shipping.

meegs23
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:31 PM

I go to the store, but try on when I get home. Navigating a double stroller through a dressing room is like pulling teeth.  Plus, I like instant gratification!

Habibti812
by Joni on May. 24, 2010 at 1:41 PM

I hear you! I hate trying to get all the kids into a dressing room! It's a huge PITA!

Quoting meegs23:

I go to the store, but try on when I get home. Navigating a double stroller through a dressing room is like pulling teeth.  Plus, I like instant gratification!

jms124
by Jen on May. 24, 2010 at 1:43 PM

I really don't know.  I've only ordered a few times online and I always ask this question.

Quoting Habibti812:

Quoting jms124:

Follow my sewing blog here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)