Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fun in NJ????

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:03 PM
  • 23 Replies

So I'm a little broke.... I support my two kids with PA (I'm looking for a job but haven't had much luck) I still want them to have a decent summer but I can't really afford much. I don't have a car and I live in Passaic County. What do you ladies suggest I do for my boys to make this summer fun for them? My mother won Bronx zoo tix at a tricky tray a couple months ago but I don't have a way to get a car and the bus money alone is insane. But other than that I have nothing. my boys are 4 amd 9 months

by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Habibti812
by Joni on May. 24, 2010 at 1:42 PM

I would say parks- NJ has so many great parks, You could pack a picnic lunch and let them enjoy the outdoors! They are still young so they probably just enjoy hanging with YOU!

Anthonys_mommy1
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Well my oldest say's I'm boring. lol So I need something FUN and exciting for him. He's a very hyper child and I can't get him to sit still long enough to even eat a meal lol

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on May. 24, 2010 at 2:59 PM

I'm not really sure what is up there to do that is fun because I like in South Jersey. I don't drive either and I mainly get around by walking but I'm lucky that where I live there is plenty of things to do so I'm able to take my son out. I sometimes take him to jelly bean jungle, to the park, shopping to the little strip malls, lunch with friends or just a walk around the neighbord.

Habibti812
by Joni on May. 24, 2010 at 3:16 PM

LoL Have you ever taken him to Van Saun Park? Brookdale park is also nice. I would try to change it up and take him to different parks. Also, if your a fan of Chuck E Cheese, if you eat and THEN go it can be a super cheap day ! since games are only a quarter for a few bucks you could have a fwe hours of fun! Eps if you go to one with the slide and play place!

Quoting Anthonys_mommy1:

Well my oldest say's I'm boring. lol So I need something FUN and exciting for him. He's a very hyper child and I can't get him to sit still long enough to even eat a meal lol

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

Anthonys_mommy1
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 3:30 PM

We've been to Van Saun Park a couple times I used to go there all the time. Anthony likes it but he got bored the last time we went because it was hot and all the animals were sleeping. I'm prob gonna take him next week there anyway

Quoting Habibti812:

LoL Have you ever taken him to Van Saun Park? Brookdale park is also nice. I would try to change it up and take him to different parks. Also, if your a fan of Chuck E Cheese, if you eat and THEN go it can be a super cheap day ! since games are only a quarter for a few bucks you could have a fwe hours of fun! Eps if you go to one with the slide and play place!

Quoting Anthonys_mommy1:

Habibti812
by Joni on May. 24, 2010 at 3:33 PM

There is a place in Paterson (Not sure if you really like to go there lol but I'm familiar with the area_) they built a galleria mall downtown and on the upper level there is this really neat looking arcade with a train ride and tons of games- It's awesome looking. And pretty cheap too.

Anthonys_mommy1
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2010 at 3:57 PM

which arcade because the space port you have to be a member to play and it isn't cheap at all. plus I try to stay out of p-town because my son's father is always over there lol

Habibti812
by Joni on May. 24, 2010 at 5:39 PM

We went to the little arcade on the right- Not into the main area since there was a birthday party- but I did see the train ride.. No one said anything, I didn't realize you had to be a member... I felt the prices were pretty reasonable.

Quoting Anthonys_mommy1:

which arcade because the space port you have to be a member to play and it isn't cheap at all. plus I try to stay out of p-town because my son's father is always over there lol

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

bergencounty
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Check out your town's library .. they usually have childrens' programs and can meet new friends ... as long as a child has a friend they are never bored.

http://www.cliftonpl.org/kidsprogs.html

bhwrn1
by on May. 25, 2010 at 5:43 AM

The library programs are great! Take advantage of them b4 Christie decides to cut them (as he is already planning in many towns!).

Quoting bergencounty:

Check out your town's library .. they usually have childrens' programs and can meet new friends ... as long as a child has a friend they are never bored.

http://www.cliftonpl.org/kidsprogs.html

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)