Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TOTD 5/26: What do you do?

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:56 AM
  • 37 Replies

To help the world out? Do you donate? Do you volunteer? How do you think what you do affects you and the world around you?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 9:09 AM

I donate old clothes and toys that we or mikey doesn't need anymore because i know if we keep them they will be collecting dust but giving them to goodwill i know they get used by someone else.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 26, 2010 at 9:13 AM

This is great. And they can do so much with the clothing. Did you know that you should also donate ripped clothing and such? They make these into rags and make tons of money off of them!

Quoting LoriAnn87:

I donate old clothes and toys that we or mikey doesn't need anymore because i know if we keep them they will be collecting dust but giving them to goodwill i know they get used by someone else.

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 9:16 AM

Quoting bhwrn1:

This is great. And they can do so much with the clothing. Did you know that you should also donate ripped clothing and such? They make these into rags and make tons of money off of them!

Quoting LoriAnn87:

I never donated rip or stain clothes because no one is going to take them and they will just throw them out. good will only doesn't take clothes with holes, rip or stains but some places too and they donated them to another place that can use them.

ceciliam
by Lynn on May. 26, 2010 at 9:31 AM

I donate stuff all the time to various charities. I donate toys, clothing, bedding, diaper cakes, books, home decor items and so much more. I also donated one of my cars.

The Best Is Yet To Be...BraySam Lane

jen113000
by Jenna on May. 26, 2010 at 9:34 AM

I've donated money to some charity's before and I donate our old clothes. Every year my hubbys work has a thing where we help a church out by donating toys for kids and donating food around Christmas time. We usually try to give a new toy and any canned goods that we can.

mlg871
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:42 AM

We donate to the food bank at a local church about once a month.  I jsut pick up a few extra staples when I go shopping. 

I weed thru Maddie's clothes, the really nice ones go to consignment, the bulk of them get donated.  Anything that they don't use at the consignment shop also gets donated to a local women's shelter.  All her toys also get donated.

Other than that we've done some small money donations in the past, but nothing huge. 

bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 26, 2010 at 10:24 AM

This is untrue. I donate my ripped and stained clothing to the VA all the time. They make them into rags and sell them to make money for the non-profit organization. It's a waste to throw them out when others can use them for good. They repurpose them and this helps save on resources.

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting LoriAnn87:

I never donated rip or stain clothes because no one is going to take them and they will just throw them out. good will only doesn't take clothes with holes, rip or stains but some places too and they donated them to another place that can use them.

Lilypie

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Quoting bhwrn1:

This is untrue. I donate my ripped and stained clothing to the VA all the time. They make them into rags and sell them to make money for the non-profit organization. It's a waste to throw them out when others can use them for good. They repurpose them and this helps save on resources.

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting LoriAnn87:

We don't have a VA down here we only have the good will and good will and there is another place around me that doens't appect clothes like that.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 26, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Burlington County does. You can schedule a pick up right at your door:

VVA

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting LoriAnn87:

We don't have a VA down here we only have the good will and good will and there is another place around me that doens't appect clothes like that.

Lilypie

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 10:37 AM

Quoting bhwrn1:

Burlington County does. You can schedule a pick up right at your door:

VVA

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting LoriAnn87:

thanks and I forgot we had one but i think i didn't rember because we don't like donating to them cause they gave us a hard time last time on the things we were giving them and they would not take certain things espcailly use items, stains or ripped clothes so that's why we donated to good will instead because they will take almost anything expect the stains, or riped clothes but if we don't throw them away we found friends who can use them. They use to have drop off boxes at walmart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)