• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Flowers

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM
  • 19 Replies

Do you plant flowers? What kind?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on May. 26, 2010 at 1:03 PM

no don't plant any because i don't have a green thumb but my husband does. we have in a planter right now some strawberry sizzle and once we get our garden bed all fix out front my husband is going to plant them and some other kind of flowers too but not sure what yet.

meegs23
by on May. 26, 2010 at 1:19 PM

This will be the first year I plant flowers. I'm afraid- I kill everything!!!!  We usually pay the landscapers to do it, but E and I decided to do it ourselves. I have no friggin idea what flowers to buy! 

kbpegasus
by on May. 26, 2010 at 9:34 PM

I just put in whitel peonies, foxglove, calla lillies and two more azelias (sorry cant spell it for some reason.  I put in last year pink peonies, veronica, purple sage, hibiscis.  I also have several climbing roses.  Unfortunately the winter snows and wind storms broke my rose arbor so it leans.  Can't really fix it and the roses on top of arbor are too thick now.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 26, 2010 at 9:42 PM

Try Impatiens. You can buy them in flats in pretty colors and all they require is a bit of water. I line my driveway with them (and believe me, my thumb is brown!). They make things look really pretty.

Quoting meegs23:

This will be the first year I plant flowers. I'm afraid- I kill everything!!!!  We usually pay the landscapers to do it, but E and I decided to do it ourselves. I have no friggin idea what flowers to buy! 

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

mhmomma
by Becky on May. 26, 2010 at 10:54 PM

I have a fairly large perenial garden.  It is my butterfly and humming bird garden.  I did just plant some annuals in there.  I do have a veggie garden but can't seem to get anything out of it.  LOL  I have to till it and try again this year.

chiquis
by on May. 27, 2010 at 2:14 AM

No but I want too once we move. If we ever move I mean lol.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 27, 2010 at 5:41 AM

Do you get a lot of butterflies and hummingbirds? I would love to see pictures!

Quoting mhmomma:

I have a fairly large perenial garden.  It is my butterfly and humming bird garden.  I did just plant some annuals in there.  I do have a veggie garden but can't seem to get anything out of it.  LOL  I have to till it and try again this year.

Lilypie

bhwrn1
by Brooke on May. 27, 2010 at 5:42 AM

Mirza, have you been looking?

Quoting chiquis:

No but I want too once we move. If we ever move I mean lol.

Lilypie

mhmomma
by Becky on May. 27, 2010 at 7:21 AM

We do get lots of butterfies but I have not spotted a humming bird lately.  I did plant more trumpeted plants so maybe this year.  I dont have any pics on this computer.  I will see what I can find.

Quoting bhwrn1:

Do you get a lot of butterflies and hummingbirds? I would love to see pictures!

Quoting mhmomma:

jalod
by on May. 27, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Nothing yet, but we do plant impatiens in pots on our deck.  We just re-did some of our landscaping out front with evergreen trees, boxwoods, etc.  But I'm afraid to plant flowers out front, cause the deer eat EVERYTHING!!!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)