Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got my Arborvitae trees :) Added Pictures in 2nd reply!!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM
  • 10 Replies
So with the pool being put in, we needed a barrier between our house and the people right behind the pool. Now we only put in 15 trees, 11 to 12 feet tall for the time being, but I'm so excited. They look great and I can't wait till the little birds start nesting in there!! Hahaha. But I'll have to take pictures later and put them up here so you can see how awesome its looking back there!!

Yay, can't wait until the concrete is done, should only be another 2 or 3 weeks. The man is coming tomorrow for the consultation to see where the concrete is going to go and all.
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:56 PM

I am not sure waht they are- I'd LOVE to see pictures
!!

me_and_my_boys
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:15 PM
Here are the pictures :)

Before:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

During:

And After:

chiquis
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Awesome! There was a fence already though right? You just wanted something taller I guess?

Love the shape on the pool!

me_and_my_boys
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:45 PM
Yes, the fence was already there, its a 6' tall fence. However, the neighbors have a deck, about 5 feet off the ground, so when they are on their deck, the just peek right over. I don't mind that really, but the lady yells horribly at her kids and I don't want my kids really seeing that, I'm hoping that they might block out noise too?!?!? Wouldn't that be great. Eventually, I think we are going to take them down the whole back property line, but for the time being, thats what we have is just the 15. I think it might take another 40 or so to finish it off!!

Quoting chiquis:

Awesome! There was a fence already though right? You just wanted something taller I guess?

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:57 PM

We did the same thing! When we designed our pool area we knew that we were going to want privacy since our pool was going to be sitting in the middle of 2 acres flat land. I knew I wanted it to look natural since we already have a fenced area for the dog. So, we put up chain link and then planted Lumini Arborvitae around the whole fence. Basically the fence will disappear and you will only see the arborvitae. We planted 59 trees in all(27 last year and the rest this year)....by next year everything should be grown in completely.

The Best Is Yet To Be...BraySam Lane

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:38 PM

They look really nice and private!

chiquis
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:00 PM

If they block out sound I am getting some too lol. I think they look better then fence anyways I was just wondering. Are they expensive?

Quoting me_and_my_boys:

Yes, the fence was already there, its a 6' tall fence. However, the neighbors have a deck, about 5 feet off the ground, so when they are on their deck, the just peek right over. I don't mind that really, but the lady yells horribly at her kids and I don't want my kids really seeing that, I'm hoping that they might block out noise too?!?!? Wouldn't that be great. Eventually, I think we are going to take them down the whole back property line, but for the time being, thats what we have is just the 15. I think it might take another 40 or so to finish it off!!

Quoting chiquis:

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:14 PM

I love how those look when they grow together! Our neighbor has them and he's got his own little piece of paradise in his backyard. And they saty green forever!!! Good choice!

me_and_my_boys
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM
Well, at the local nursery they were $200 per tree, plus an additional $100 for installation. I found a place out in PA, where the trees are better quality (by far) and I ordered from there. They grow the trees there, so it isn't like a nursery. The trees were $90 each and $800 for shipping. So its still a decent amount of savings, but wouldn't be worth it if you were just getting like 2 or 3 trees. The shipper also helped move the trees from the truck, to the trench that my husband dug and get them all straight and in the ground good.

I would totally recommend this company, so if your interested, I could give you their name and phone number, let me know!

Quoting chiquis:

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:36 PM

Nice!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)