Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am FUMING! (Long Vent)

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:32 PM
  • 25 Replies

So, I signed A up for Cub Scouts b/c I thought he would enjoy it. Our local den is run out of a Catholic school in the next town over. All the kids in the den except for Anthony go to this school. They get out of school at 2:45pm. Theden mother and father are parents of kids in the den who go to the Catholic school. The den meets at 3pm on Friday afternoons twice a month. When I first met the den mother, she told me there was no way she could ever change that time b/c that is what fits in her schedule. She was very ademant about this, so I did not argue. A does not get out of school until 3:10, so he has never made it to a meeting on time. And, Jeff has to take him b/c I don't get out of work until 4pm (this was supposed to be something A and I did together). A hasn't seemed to mind and we have dealt with it. When there are field trips he has been on time b/c they don't usually start until 3:30 and are local and Jeff is able to get him there.

So, for the end of the year party, they are having a pool party. Jeff was told by the den mother that this party would start later on a Friday afternoon. She even remarked that it would work better for A! She also said it would be for the whole family, so I was looking forward to finally meeting some of the parents and bringing my other kids to the party.

Today, I get the information about the party (which is tomorrow) and it says it starts at 2pm! WTF? They know damn well that A does not get out of school until 3:10pm and that public school is still in session. I am SO mad I cannot even tell you. So, now he will miss at least 1 1/2 hours of party/play time with his friends. And, I cannot go b/c I don't get out until 4pm and by the time I get my other two kids, it is 4:30 and now the party is probably going to be ending! ARGH! I just want to scream.

I am ready to email the pack leader b/c I have put up this crap already!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:40 PM

That's really messed up and I would email the pack leader so they know what is going on. She should work around everyone shecdule not just hers.

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:56 PM

Brooke I would be REALLY pissed. I would email her and be like "Is there a mistake with the time because my husband was told it would be later in the afternoon" etc. etc. And see what she says.

mlg871
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Quoting LoriAnn87:

That's really messed up and I would email the pack leader so they know what is going on. She should work around everyone shecdule not just hers.

i agree - that is really unfair.  Poor little guy....

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 3, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Oh, I emailed her and asked her what happened b/c I thought the party was going to be later. I told her that surely she rembers that my son does not get out of school until 3:10pm and, so, he will not be there until at least 3:30pm. And, I told her that whatever snack he is supposed to bring will come at that time as well b/c I do not have any time to droop it off beforehand! I am waiting for her reply. After this party, I am going to send her an email expressing my concern that the meetings are later next year as A's schedule will be exactly the same and I think that we need to compromise.

Quoting Habibti812:

Brooke I would be REALLY pissed. I would email her and be like "Is there a mistake with the time because my husband was told it would be later in the afternoon" etc. etc. And see what she says.

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 3, 2010 at 3:37 PM

What a B! Let us know what she says!

Quoting bhwrn1:

Oh, I emailed her and asked her what happened b/c I thought the party was going to be later. I told her that surely she rembers that my son does not get out of school until 3:10pm and, so, he will not be there until at least 3:30pm. And, I told her that whatever snack he is supposed to bring will come at that time as well b/c I do not have any time to droop it off beforehand! I am waiting for her reply. After this party, I am going to send her an email expressing my concern that the meetings are later next year as A's schedule will be exactly the same and I think that we need to compromise.

Quoting Habibti812:

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:29 PM

The meetings and party are awfully early .....how many parents are able to make anything before 4 or 5PM??? Is the party on the weekend??? I can see a pool party starting early on a Sat. or Sunday....but  not if it conflicts with the people invited. She should've asked the grooup before making such a time.

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:10 PM

That's a very good point. I remember my brother's boyscout meetings being at like 6 or 7

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

The meetings and party are awfully early .....how many parents are able to make anything before 4 or 5PM??? Is the party on the weekend??? I can see a pool party starting early on a Sat. or Sunday....but  not if it conflicts with the people invited. She should've asked the grooup before making such a time.

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:25 PM

I am not sure how many make the meetings. I am guessing most are SAHM or SAHD that go. My DH gets out of work at 3pm, so that's how he is able to take DS1. The party is tomorrow afternoon!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Lilypie

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:33 PM

On a Friday??? She's lost her mind! Does she really think most can make it at 2 on a Friday? Maybe she does that on purpose so there aren't so many running around????

Quoting bhwrn1:

I am not sure how many make the meetings. I am guessing most are SAHM or SAHD that go. My DH gets out of work at 3pm, so that's how he is able to take DS1. The party is tomorrow afternoon!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Myspace CommentsMyspace Comments

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Did she get back to you Brooke?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)