Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Jersey Moms New Jersey Moms

The Jersey Shore!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:55 PM
  • 7 Replies

What is your favorite beach and how far away is it?

We are abouot 40 minutes from Ocean City, but like Strathmere too! And Strathmere is F-R-E-E! We always park in front of a house with the most beautiful, plush grass...it's a good place to stand or wipe the sand off your feet!

Myspace CommentsMyspace Comments

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ARmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:35 PM

I don't have a favorite. I've only been to a few (since I'm not originally from NJ) and my dh's family has a house in Seaside Heights.  I've heard really nice things about Ocean City, so I want to check it out.

If anyone is interested in property in Seaside Heights - just let me know.  The house is falling apart, but the property is ideal.

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:38 PM

We love Wildwood. That is definitely our favorite!

meegs23
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:01 PM

My in-laws live in Spring Lake, as well as my SIL temporarily (they bought a beach place while waiting for their house to sell in GA.)  That's where we go on weekends

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Wildwood, Ocean City, Seaside, long beach and cape may. We are about a hour away from the shore points.

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:47 AM

I love Spring Lake but in the last few years I usually end up going to Point Pleasant. My sister and I go every year the day after school lets out (she's a HS teacher). We take the kids to the Aquarium and the boardwalk and sometimes we go on the beach.

The Best Is Yet To Be...BraySam Lane

Cafe Robin
by Head Admin on Jun. 4, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Ocean City is great!  We've been goin for a week at the end of August for the past few years.  The boardwalk is so nice - they rent bikes in the morning and there's lots of fun during the day and night.  The kids love all of the rides and they make us play mini golf everyday:)

We usually go to Pt.Pleasant and Spring Lake for weekend trips during the summer. 

When I was a little girl, my grandparents had a house in Allenhurst so I spent most of my summers there.  I remember my grandpa used to take me to Asbury Park at night to go on the rides... before everything became run down over there...

Where else should we go? 

at the beach

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jun. 4, 2010 at 4:46 PM

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Ocean City is great!  We've been goin for a week at the end of August for the past few years.  The boardwalk is so nice - they rent bikes in the morning and there's lots of fun during the day and night.  The kids love all of the rides and they make us play mini golf everyday:)

We usually go to Pt.Pleasant and Spring Lake for weekend trips during the summer. 

When I was a little girl, my grandparents had a house in Allenhurst so I spent most of my summers there.  I remember my grandpa used to take me to Asbury Park at night to go on the rides... before everything became run down over there...

Where else should we go? 

at the beach

Robin~ Ocean City has always been our favorite but we like Wildwood too. Great rides!!! The boardwalk is endless...much more to do than OC! Whatever one you visit, don't pass up the monkey bread!

Have you seen Cape May? They have ferry rides where you can see whales and dolphins...their zoo is nice and FREE! The victorian houses there and the town square are really pretty. No boardwalk for the kids though. =(

Myspace CommentsMyspace Comments

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)