Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dog Breeds

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:38 PM
  • 33 Replies

What's a good dog breed to have with small children? A medium to small sized dog. Nothing too large.

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Wow, I have big dogs. We actually have a medium sized lab. She is pretty small, about 60lbs. People don't always think she's a lab, even though she looks like a lab! LOL! how about a Cocker Spanial? Stay away from Chow type dogs, they can be aggressive.

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Not sure about the small to medium breeds. GSD's are my favorite. I love big mean looking dogs.

The Best Is Yet To Be...BraySam Lane

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM

I really wanted a pomeranian. I thought they were like the cutest dog of all time. But then I heard they weren't very nice with kids.. I would have to see what a cocker spaniel looks like... I dont' want one that's too hyper either. My sister has a boston terrier and it's INSANE

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM

A beagle? But I hear they can be hyper.

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Pomeranian's are so cute! What about a Shiba Inu or a Samoyed?

Quoting Habibti812:

I really wanted a pomeranian. I thought they were like the cutest dog of all time. But then I heard they weren't very nice with kids.. I would have to see what a cocker spaniel looks like... I dont' want one that's too hyper either. My sister has a boston terrier and it's INSANE

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:48 PM

I've never heard of those.. They are good with kids? We'd probably go through a resucue group of some sort.

Quoting ceciliam:

Quoting Habibti812:

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:49 PM

My brother and SIL have 3 and they are hyper and they have the most annoying barks!

Quoting bhwrn1:

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Not sure. lol! But they are super cute!

Quoting Habibti812:

I've never heard of those.. They are good with kids? We'd probably go through a resucue group of some sort.

Quoting ceciliam:

Quoting Habibti812:

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:50 PM

They are cute dogs. But I can't stand hyper dogs, They make me so nervous lol . I hate going to my sisters- Her terrier jumps around like a little madman!

Quoting bhwrn1:

chiquis
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:51 PM
I don't like dogs at all. But when the kids are older Todd wants a husky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)