Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Glasses? Contacts? Lasik?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:44 PM
  • 25 Replies
Which do you prefer? And If you tell me you have perfect vision- I'm jealous!!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:45 PM

I wear contacts. I have worn them since I'm 25. I got glassea at 23. I hate wearing my glasses. I have yet to find a pair that are comfortable enough for me to wear all the time. I have not thought about the surgery much. It scares me and I would rather wear contacts than have any adverse affects of surgery, KWIM? My eyes have stayed the same for about 5 years now.

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:46 PM

I wear glasses and I'm blind as a bat. I have been wearing them since high school. I got to American's best for my glasses. I wish I could have concat but can't because while I 'm looking at someone I can keep my left up while the right one is down and if I had concats it would be hard to get in or out cause of my eye being like taht.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:47 PM

Can you have that fixed? My aunt has a similar problem and she had surgery twice but it didn't work. What causes this, do they know?

Quoting LoriAnn87:

I wear glasses and I'm blind as a bat. I have been wearing them since high school. I got to American's best for my glasses. I wish I could have concat but can't because while I 'm looking at someone I can keep my left up while the right one is down and if I had concats it would be hard to get in or out cause of my eye being like taht.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Quoting bhwrn1:

Can you have that fixed? My aunt has a similar problem and she had surgery twice but it didn't work. What causes this, do they know?

Quoting LoriAnn87:

nope he can't be fix it has been that way since I was little. nope they have not clue they actually took my parent's it would fix it self that's bs because my eye is still that way and it's kind of cool cause people who don't know me think it's cool or they found it creepy. I also have some found of lazy eye and astigmagtism in both of my eyes.

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:49 PM
I wear contacts as well. I have worn glasses since the 5th grade!! I got my contacts in 8th grade! I also don't find my glasses too comfortable, but they are ok for once in awhile. I've thought about Lasik but it scares me too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM

I wear my glasses only in a few instances: at night after I take off my contacts and watch the news for 1/2 an hour, if my allergies are just so terrible that my eyes are itching like crazy, or if I have an eye infection.

Quoting Habibti812:

I wear contacts as well. I have worn glasses since the 5th grade!! I got my contacts in 8th grade! I also don't find my glasses too comfortable, but they are ok for once in awhile. I've thought about Lasik but it scares me too!

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM

Astigmatism? I have it in both eyes. It is a PITA for contacts.

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting LoriAnn87:

nope he can't be fix it has been that way since I was little. nope they have not clue they actually took my parent's it would fix it self that's bs because my eye is still that way and it's kind of cool cause people who don't know me think it's cool or they found it creepy. I also have some found of lazy eye and situma in both of my eyes.

Lilypie

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Quoting bhwrn1:

Astigmatism? I have it in both eyes. It is a PITA for contacts.

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Quoting bhwrn1:

Quoting LoriAnn87:

nope he can't be fix it has been that way since I was little. nope they have not clue they actually took my parent's it would fix it self that's bs because my eye is still that way and it's kind of cool cause people who don't know me think it's cool or they found it creepy. I also have some found of lazy eye and situma in both of my eyes.

yeah that's the word my right eye is worst then the left.

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:54 PM
I have overnight contacts- so I really RARELY where my glasses- in the case of an eye infection I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I have perfect vision :p

I've never worn glasses or anything and can see great!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)