Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice where do I move?

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

I'm moving in a month to North NJ I've been looking into different areas but i'm not sure what areas are good for my family. Rutherford sounds like a nice place. I will be looking to rent an apartment do guys have any suggestions on where to move? I really need all the help I can get! Thank you in advance!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 4, 2010 at 5:42 AM

I lived in Rutherford. It's a nice area. Easy to commute to the city if that is what you are looking for. There are a lot of apartments there plus you can look into renting part of a two family house (there are a ton of them in Rutherford; we owned one and used to rent it out). My DH grew up there. I would not move back b/c it's just not for me and I don't love the surrounding areas. Where are you moving from? What kinds of things are you looking for in a town?

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 4, 2010 at 6:03 AM
I lived in Rutherford when I was in college and it IS a beautiful town. I really loved it there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjazbella
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 10:52 AM
Well looking for somwhere I can walk to the park with my girls and be safe. My daughter is starting pre k this fall. But i also need to be somewhere my husband can commute to NY. I would like a neighborhood with a real sense of community since you cant find that here in miami, fl. Where do you guys think would be good place for a young family?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyjazbella
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Thank you guys for the help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:18 AM

Rutherford does have places you can walk to. It's pricey there, though. Then again, Northern NJ is pretty pricey. I like my little town, but there's not too much to do (not many stores etc.). We have three parks which are all within 1 mile of my house. There are tons of apartments around the corner from where I live. PM me if you want more informtion. We are 1 mile from the commuter train to the city.

If you are looking for a town with lots of parks, Teaneck is your place. But it is pricey there, too. And, you have to be careful b/c there are some parts of that town where you would not want to live.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Another great town is Ridgewood. Commuter train right there. Pretty sure they have quite a few parks, including one called The Duck Pond which has a huge walking trail that goes for a few miles! Also a bit pricey, but I know there are apartments there.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Here is the name of the real estate agent I use (and my parents used) when we moved to NJ. She is really great. I made it a link so click on her name for information.

Karen Lampiasi

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)