Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a Little Sad....

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:11 AM
  • 21 Replies

Yesterday marked 38 years since my dad died. Mind you, I am 41! It's just about the most depressing day of the year for me and my sister. My poor grandmom sat in the house all day not talking to anyone.

It just amazes me that no matter how much time goes by, it doesn't make it any easier. He's missed my whole entire life! He's never seen any of his 5 grandchildren. He never got to see how darn cute my sister and I grew up to be. He'd be beside himself to watch my husband restore the very same car he took such pride in. A need for speed is actually what killed my dad, but he loved his fast cars, his young gorgeous wife and his two little girls who are his very clones. I just would give anything to spend a little time with him, you know?

Did I ever tell anyone that my dad went to a private school in NJ and graduated with DANNY DE VITO?!?!? He called my dad Billy Joe (his name was Billy) since they were all city boys and my dad was a farmers kid from South Jersey. He told him to save his autograph because it would be worth it someday. He had no idea! LOL

Ok...I feel a little better now.

Myspace CommentsMyspace Comments

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 7:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:53 AM

I'm so sorry mama :-(

Beautiful__mama
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:57 AM

im sorry mama

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:24 AM

I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost my mom to cancer when I was 2 years old so I know exactly what you are going through:(

The Best Is Yet To Be...BraySam Lane

gabe06tara07
by Stephanie on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:33 AM

So sorry for your loss... I am going through something very similar right now.  My children are 4 and 3 years old and my husband has terminal cancer.  It's killing me that they will have to grow up without their father.  Thoughts are with you.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:47 PM

I 'm so sorry! I can't imagine a baby girl growing up without her momma! She must have been very young!

Quoting ceciliam:

I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost my mom to cancer when I was 2 years old so I know exactly what you are going through:(

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:50 PM

OMG! That is just awful! What kind of cancer is it? Is he going thru any treatment now?

I am so sorry for him, you and your babies. That is just so terrible to hear and I can't imagine dealing with it myself. I've just never been able to make sense of parents being taken away from young children...or the opposite. It is just the most heartbreaking thing to see. I'm thinking of you!!!

Quoting gabe06tara07:

So sorry for your loss... I am going through something very similar right now.  My children are 4 and 3 years old and my husband has terminal cancer.  It's killing me that they will have to grow up without their father.  Thoughts are with you.

jbs_mommy
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:23 PM

So sorry for your loss. I lost my dad almost 6 years ago and while it is hard, I can only imagine how difficult it is to always wonder what life would have been like growing up with your father

I can so relate to thinking about all that he's missed (his youngest grandkids growing up,etc.) It is those fleeting thoughts that get me choked up.  My would have been 70 this coming Saturday.

hugs

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM

She was 26.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

I 'm so sorry! I can't imagine a baby girl growing up without her momma! She must have been very young!

Quoting ceciliam:

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM

So sorry. This is heartbreaking.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

OMG! That is just awful! What kind of cancer is it? Is he going thru any treatment now?

I am so sorry for him, you and your babies. That is just so terrible to hear and I can't imagine dealing with it myself. I've just never been able to make sense of parents being taken away from young children...or the opposite. It is just the most heartbreaking thing to see. I'm thinking of you!!!

Quoting gabe06tara07:

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM

So sorry for your loss :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)