Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

60lbs????

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:53 PM
  • 14 Replies

My oldest son is 6 1/2. We put him on the scale today and he weighs 60lbs. This seems like a lot to me since he was only 51lbs in Jan at his 6 year check up. What do you ladies think?

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meegs23
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:04 PM

I have no clue! E is half his age and half his weight and she is considered low weight.....

mhmomma
by Becky on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:14 PM

My daughter is 44 lbs and is between 25th and 50th percentile.  Oh and she was 7 in April.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 14, 2010 at 5:48 AM

He had always been above average for height and weight. But, at his last check up he was in the 60% for weight. I can't imagine that 9lbs in 5 months is normal, is it? I have no idea. Hmmm...I think I will ask my friend whose daughter is the same age (although her daughter has always been a little big).

mhmomma
by Becky on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:45 AM

9lbs in 5 months does seem like a lot.  Maybe the scale was off or he is going through a growth spurt.  I know my kids only gain a few pounds a year if that.  My daughter fromy 5-7 years old only gained a little less then 5 lbs.  My son has grown 10 1/2 inches in a year in a half but has only gained a few pounds.  I think he might have gained 3-4 lbs..

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 14, 2010 at 7:49 AM

Maybe he had a growth spurt, did you measure his height as well. maybe the weight gain is comprable to growing a efw inches.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jun. 14, 2010 at 10:30 AM

A growth spurt!

mum2boyz
by Melissa on Jun. 14, 2010 at 12:56 PM

ds1 turned 7 in Feb, I weighed him a couple weeks ago he was 57lb, maybe he went through a growth spurt?

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I am thinking growth spurt, but he hasn't thinned out yet. He outgrew his size 6's (all new shorts and jeans my parents had bought him) in two months. Now I had to get him size 7s!

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:03 PM

At least you get to go shopping! LOL

Quoting bhwrn1:

I am thinking growth spurt, but he hasn't thinned out yet. He outgrew his size 6's (all new shorts and jeans my parents had bought him) in two months. Now I had to get him size 7s!

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 14, 2010 at 1:14 PM

Yeah, but it's not for me! LOL!

Quoting Habibti812:

At least you get to go shopping! LOL

Quoting bhwrn1:

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)