• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you like...

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:41 PM
  • 12 Replies

Do you like meeting new people? Are you shy or outgoing about it?

Me being 25 and I am still shy!!!! I just can't get over it. I am fine if the new person talks and then I can talk back... but for me to start up a conversation with someone new I totally lack those skills. Any tips on how to talk to new people?

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chiquis
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:43 PM
I'm shy too lol. But my bff is worse. When we met she stared at the floor and wouldn't talk to me lol I love her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:57 PM

I'm pretty outgoing. I like to meet new people. Always something interesting to talk about since you don't know each other.

I think the key is to know the ice breakers and also if you know you have something in common, that makes it easier.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:17 PM

lol I'm not that shy but I seem to always get into those awkward silence things.... I hate that!

Quoting chiquis:

I'm shy too lol. But my bff is worse. When we met she stared at the floor and wouldn't talk to me lol I love her!

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I like to meet new people but never put myself in the situations too meet anyone new... I really need to work on that!

Quoting bhwrn1:

I'm pretty outgoing. I like to meet new people. Always something interesting to talk about since you don't know each other.

I think the key is to know the ice breakers and also if you know you have something in common, that makes it easier.

MadeByMeagan
by New Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:47 PM
I'm a people watcher, I like to soak everything in then talk. That has been an issue from time to time, people assume my shyness is snobiness? Oh well, I find anyone will to over look it is much more the type of person who's a better friend anyway !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I love meeting new people and I'm very out going.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:21 PM

I think sometimes its good to just sit back and take it all in. You get a sense of who people are and what they are all about. I think it makes it easier to then talk to them.

Quoting MadeByMeagan:

I'm a people watcher, I like to soak everything in then talk. That has been an issue from time to time, people assume my shyness is snobiness? Oh well, I find anyone will to over look it is much more the type of person who's a better friend anyway !

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:24 PM

People always think I don't like them b/c I'm shy and don't talk much... I'm very openingly shy lol I will tell everyone I'm shy don't take it personal

Quoting MadeByMeagan:

mrsr0125
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 8:38 PM

I am generally outgoing and do love meeting new people. But am much more comfortable around guys than women. Always have been. In a roomful of men I'd be fine. But add in a few women and I shut-up. But if one of them talks to me then no problem.

Obviously on the computer is different! :)

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Yes being on a computer is way different! Guys are usually more welcoming whether they know you or not.. They don't care about what your wearing how your hair looks and everything. Girls ( most not all ) are catty!

I'm the same way too if someone talks to me and breaks the ice I usually become less shy!

Quoting mrsr0125:

I am generally outgoing and do love meeting new people. But am much more comfortable around guys than women. Always have been. In a roomful of men I'd be fine. But add in a few women and I shut-up. But if one of them talks to me then no problem.

Obviously on the computer is different! :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)