Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tooth fairy

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:29 PM
  • 9 Replies
My daughter lost her first tooth tonight. What is the going rate? She is seven. She wrote a letter to the Tooth Fairy asking to leave the tooth behind. So cute. How much do I leave her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mom2queenie2004
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:39 PM

We leave a dollar coin and our tooth fairy leaves a note for her.

mhmomma
by Becky on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:46 PM
I don't have a dollar coin. What does your note say by the way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:56 AM

I gave my son a dollar (and 100 pennies b/c he asked for it) when he lost his first tooth. Then I give him a dollar for every tooth after.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Oh, and I didn't leave any kind of note. We actually have tooth pillow for the boys. They put the tooth in this little pocket and put the pillow under their pillow.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:32 AM

We did small gifts...sometimes money...depended on if Mommy the Tooth Fairy had time to go out and get something. They also got a small treat they would wish for.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:23 AM

What did you end up doing?

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:40 AM

When my friend's daughter lost her tooth I gave her 5.00.

mhmomma
by Becky on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:26 PM

We gave her 5 bucks.  We thought we had some time before it came out.  We took the letter she wrote to the Tooth Fairy also.  I am holding onto it for memories.  LOL

FriendlyMoma
by Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:00 PM

We did the one dollar coin, you can find them at the bank if you don't already have one! She loved the gold tone coin! And of course dad had to intervene and leave her a $5 bill! She was ecstatic when she saw that too, she said that the tooth fairy left her $5 because she is 5 years old! For her 2nd tooth we were a bit unprepared, so I left her a small toy I had saved to give her for good behavior at a later date and a nickel, LOL because again she was 5 so 5 cents seemed to be in order, since we didn't have a $5 bill this time around.

And, she just started getting 2 more wiggly teeth just this week, so I better get the $5 bill ready, or 5 $1 coins :)

My Heart - Victoria

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)