Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to Thorofa, NJ

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:07 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hi Ladies,

We are relocating to Thorofa, NJ...any ideas on what the best school district are in south Jersey?  I am willing to ravel up to 45 mins just so I can get my son who is gifted in the best school program.  My youngest son though has a moderate speech delay and i am looking for a prek program for him. 

Any feedback will be appreciate,

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Thorofare?? To me that's NORTH Jersey...lol. I think if you are moving in the summer, you need to tour the local schools, talk to your neighbors, find a way to get involved with the people around you.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:35 PM

Thorofare is south jersey... part of West Deptford I believe which is where I live.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Thorofare?? To me that's NORTH Jersey...lol. I think if you are moving in the summer, you need to tour the local schools, talk to your neighbors, find a way to get involved with the people around you.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:38 PM

It's south to me. Right near Philly.

Quoting jen113000:

Thorofare is south jersey... part of West Deptford I believe which is where I live.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Alyssa_mommy2b
by New Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:55 PM

yea i live next to deptford n thorofare is about 10 mins away def south jersey

Habibti812
by Joni on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:01 PM

I've never heard of the area!! lol

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:09 PM

Quoting bhwrn1:

It's south to me. Right near Philly.

Quoting jen113000:

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

It's about 20 mintues to philly.

psquiddy
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Is Thorofare, NJ close to Medford, Cherry Hill or Moorestown.  Based on my research, they seem to be the best school districts.  Let me know if you gals know different.

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Quoting psquiddy:

Is Thorofare, NJ close to Medford, Cherry Hill or Moorestown.  Based on my research, they seem to be the best school districts.  Let me know if you gals know different.

I think thorofare is about 15 mintues away from all of them but I'm not sure about there school districts and how there are. I"M in Marlton and we have a great school and our school distirtct is great.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 28, 2010 at 4:05 PM

I live in West Deptford next to Thorofare and my MIL lives in Medford and it takes us a good 30-45mins depending on traffic ( as there is almost always traffic )

Quoting psquiddy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)