Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are You Thrifty?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:27 PM
  • 46 Replies

How do you save money? Clipping coupons, buying secondhand, drive economy car, raise chickens and grow a garden? Anything......

Myspace CommentsMyspace Comments

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:30 PM

I use coupons. I shop fliers and go to more than one store. I combine trips so that I only have to go out once. We grow our own garden. We don't use paper towels or napkins (microfiber cloths and cloth napkins). I buy generic when I can (but there are a few things I will not buy generic).

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:47 PM

I hear you on the generic. I don't clip coupons but when there's a buy 1/get 1 sale I am all over that!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:53 PM

Oh yeah! You have to hit the BOGO. Especially if it's something you use often!

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

I hear you on the generic. I don't clip coupons but when there's a buy 1/get 1 sale I am all over that!

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:54 PM

I will shop different stores to get the best deal. I don't clip coupons but wished I did lol but sometimes I get coupons and then use them..... I also buy a lot of generic... and as Brooke wrote there are just some things I won't buy generic of lol

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:55 PM

I use the huggies diaper coupons when I get them in the mail, I use target or gendurias' brand instead of using the name brand and I'm always looking for sales.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:01 PM

I love most of target brand stuff!! I don't think I've found one thing target brand that I haven't liked!

Quoting LoriAnn87:

I use the huggies diaper coupons when I get them in the mail, I use target or gendurias' brand instead of using the name brand and I'm always looking for sales.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:02 PM

I cannot buy OJ or ketchup generic. YUCK! There are other things but those are my top two!

Quoting jen113000:

I will shop different stores to get the best deal. I don't clip coupons but wished I did lol but sometimes I get coupons and then use them..... I also buy a lot of generic... and as Brooke wrote there are just some things I won't buy generic of lol

Lilypie

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I hate generic ketchup! It tastes tasty to me!

Quoting bhwrn1:

I cannot buy OJ or ketchup generic. YUCK! There are other things but those are my top two!

Quoting jen113000:

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:03 PM

I tend to agree about the Target stuff. Even their Market Pantry stuff is good. I actually really like their diapers. I don't really use sposies other than daycare, but they seem to hold up as well as any other brand.

Quoting jen113000:

I love most of target brand stuff!! I don't think I've found one thing target brand that I haven't liked!

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Lilypie

jen113000
by Jenna on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:05 PM

I LOVE the Target diapers! And their cheap compared to the rest! I haven't had a problem with them and Kyle's been using them since we ran out of diapers from his baby shower! Never had an issue!

Quoting bhwrn1:

I tend to agree about the Target stuff. Even their Market Pantry stuff is good. I actually really like their diapers. I don't really use sposies other than daycare, but they seem to hold up as well as any other brand.

Quoting jen113000:

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)