Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Favorite NJ State Parks!

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:58 PM
  • 11 Replies

Now that I have the pass I'm all into checking them out!

We went to Stokes State forest yesterday for the first time and I REALLY liked it!

So what's YOUR favorite park?? And why?

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

by on Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Habibti812
by Joni on Jul. 6, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Oh please also LMK if they have the swimming, bathhouse, etc. lol

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jul. 6, 2010 at 7:17 PM

I like visiting Monmouth Battlefield State Park in Freehold. Every year they do a reenactment of The Battle of Monmouth, which is a lot of fun to check out.

I also like Holmdel Park and Dorbrook Park in Colts Neck but I don't believe they are state parks.

The Best Is Yet To Be...BraySam Lane

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jul. 6, 2010 at 7:22 PM

I haven't been to any state parks up in this area. I went down by the Pine Barrens long ago.

Habibti812
by Joni on Jul. 6, 2010 at 7:27 PM

The battlefield re-enactment one was on the cover of the brochure they give out when you buy the pass! LOL Does it have a lake and bathhouse?

Quoting ceciliam:

I like visiting Monmouth Battlefield State Park in Freehold. Every year they do a reenactment of The Battle of Monmouth, which is a lot of fun to check out.

I also like Holmdel Park and Dorbrook Park in Colts Neck but I don't believe they are state parks.

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

Habibti812
by Joni on Jul. 6, 2010 at 7:27 PM

There are very few in Bergen County Brooke.. But I may want to check them out!

Quoting bhwrn1:

I haven't been to any state parks up in this area. I went down by the Pine Barrens long ago.

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jul. 6, 2010 at 7:38 PM

There is a very small lake but no bath house.

ETA - Battleview Orchards is right there though. I love the orchards and try to stop in the country store often. It is truly one of my favorite places:)

Quoting Habibti812:

The battlefield re-enactment one was on the cover of the brochure they give out when you buy the pass! LOL Does it have a lake and bathhouse?

Quoting ceciliam:

The Best Is Yet To Be...BraySam Lane

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jul. 6, 2010 at 8:02 PM

I love going to Cape May Point State park because I love the lighthouse and the ww2 bunker, the plenty of trails to walk on, hawk banding and much more to see and do. I also like going to because there is nice playground for Mikey to play on , very quiet, not too crowed and lots of trail but what I really love about these state parks is you don't have to pay to enjoy all the wonderful things that have to offer but if you decide to camp, fishing and pinic then you have to pay. But it's good to know you still go to some place and not have to pay.

Cheriloveshenry
by New Member on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Spruce Run and Round Valley are state parks in Hunterdon.  I grew up going to both of them.  They both have swimming and boating, hiking, playgrounds, etc.  I recommend going through the week as they get packed on the weekends. Enjoy!

Habibti812
by Joni on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:25 PM

The ones up here seemed to get packed on weekends too ! In fact yesterday the one in my town was filled to capacity! and we had to go over to Stokes State forest!!! Do these ones by you have bath houses?

Quoting Cheriloveshenry:

Spruce Run and Round Valley are state parks in Hunterdon.  I grew up going to both of them.  They both have swimming and boating, hiking, playgrounds, etc.  I recommend going through the week as they get packed on the weekends. Enjoy!

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jul. 6, 2010 at 9:28 PM

Parvins and Cape May.....Parvins is 5 minutes from me! It reminds me of Maine...I love it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)