Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good recipe?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:24 AM
Jen
  • 4 Replies

I decided this weekend that I want to make some beef kabobs (sp??) while we are on vacation.

I'm going to get some nice beef cubes and some green peppers and onions...maybe some mushrooms but only for Justin I hate them.

I want some kind of sauce to put over them, something different...maybe with a Middle Eastern flair.

I'd also like to serve them with some rice.  I buy the long grain stuff in 20 lb bags and use my rice cooker to make it, but I don't want to just have it over plain rice.

Suggestions?

Follow my sewing blog here

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:29 AM

I would do a rice pilaf. Yummy! If you want to, Rice A Roni makes one that is good.

For sauce, I sometimes buy this stuff at Shoprite but I cannot for the life of me remember the name right now! I know that they have all different flavors. You could try something with mint.

Habibti812
by Joni on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Well we are middle Eastern lol We haven't put sauce on kabobs, but you could try a tahini sauce like you'd put on falafel.. We season ours with cumin and da'aa Not sure exactly waht it is in English and I believe they only sell it at middle eastern grocery stores.

jms124
by Jen on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:07 PM

Quoting Habibti812:

Well we are middle Eastern lol We haven't put sauce on kabobs, but you could try a tahini sauce like you'd put on falafel.. We season ours with cumin and da'aa Not sure exactly waht it is in English and I believe they only sell it at middle eastern grocery stores.

I have cumin now I just have to find a Middle Eastern grocery :0)

My kids are big into sauces for dipping so I wasn't necessarily looking for one to put on while I grill them.

I'll have to get some tahini.

I want to try falafel so bad!  It looks so good!  But I have no idea where they would sell them around here.

Follow my sewing blog here

Habibti812
by Joni on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Oh my Gosh falafel is SO good! It's basically just fried chickpeas- super easy to make! If you find the middle eastern grocery tho- ti's likely to be in a nieghborhood where you will find PLENTY of falafel LOL

Quoting jms124:

Quoting Habibti812:

I have cumin now I just have to find a Middle Eastern grocery :0)

My kids are big into sauces for dipping so I wasn't necessarily looking for one to put on while I grill them.

I'll have to get some tahini.

I want to try falafel so bad!  It looks so good!  But I have no idea where they would sell them around here.

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)