Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Think back...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:30 PM
  • 20 Replies

To highschool..

Did you love it? Were you involved in any clubs or activities?

Did you play any sports??

Did you have school spirit?

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:30 PM

I hate high school and I was invloed with the sweson skills and business adcamey.

Habibti812
by Joni on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM

I really had a great HS experience. I was a cheerleader, I played in band for awhile, before doing so conflicted wtih cheering, I did gymnastics, I was in French Club , FTA (Future teachers of America) And I donated time to help the kids in the special needs class. I fit in with a lot of groups at highschool and had all kinds of freinds- I loved it! I loved Pep rallies, and football games. I loved cheering competitions ! I look back with such fond memories!

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:50 PM

I liked HS. I was involved in quite a few things: Student activities, student government, gymnastics, softball, orchestra, choire, woodwind ensemble, some cheerleading.

I definitely had school spirit. I used to love going to all the games: basketball, soccer, baseball, etc. I loved to support my fellow students.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Habibti812
by Joni on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:52 PM
You were involved in a lot!! I think it gives you more of an experience the more you do! What instruent did you play? I did the flute!

Quoting bhwrn1:

I liked HS. I was involved in quite a few things: Student activities, student government, gymnastics, softball, orchestra, choire, woodwind ensemble, some cheerleading.

I definitely had school spirit. I used to love going to all the games: basketball, soccer, baseball, etc. I loved to support my fellow students.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jul. 12, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Flute! LOL! Why am I not surprised we have that in common?

I also played piccolo in college as I was in marching band.

I do think that being involved in so much made me much more well rounded.

Quoting Habibti812:

You were involved in a lot!! I think it gives you more of an experience the more you do! What instruent did you play? I did the flute!

Quoting bhwrn1:

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

jms124
by Jen on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:09 PM

I enjoyed parts of it like my jewelry and ceramics classes.

I was in the marching band (color guard) and also did indoor guard.  I did flag, rifle and sabre.

I didn't play sports.

I didn't really have school spirit more than want was required as a member of the marching band.

Habibti812
by Joni on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:20 PM

You had jewlery class!?!??! That is so neat! We didn't have anything like that!

Quoting jms124:

I was in the marching band (color guard) and also did indoor guard.  I did flag, rifle and sabre.

I didn't play sports.

I didn't really have school spirit more than want was required as a member of the marching band.

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

jen113000
by Jenna on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:46 PM

I didn't love nor hate it. I always had a good time had a lot of friends and it was almost drama free all of the time. I played soccer 2 years and softball for one. I was in some clubs but I can't for the life of me remember what hahaha I only did them senior year so they aren't sticking out. I had school spirit... our colors were red and white and I would wear the colors and we did face paint and made our hair red sometimes lol for the pep rallys. I went to a lot of football games once I could drive , didn't really go to any of the other sports games except when I was playing.

Oh yea I love my senior year b/c I was in a child development class... It was 13 girls... we would go to class after lunch then around 12 we would leave on a bus to a little kids school and we were all broken up into different classes and would help out the teachers. I had a 1st grade class and I would walk them to lunch watch over them at lunch time then it was their gym/music/art or whatever class then I would take them to recess. On my first day I had to walk a girl to the nurse b/c she was throwing up... fun fun hahahaha but we all loved it there and the teachers were awesome and the ladies who did lunch and recess with us were awesome too!!

jms124
by Jen on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:09 PM

Yup, three levels of it actually and I took all 3 years of it.  We got to make jewelry and learned different ways to do it.

I love it!  I can't draw well but was really good at designing things.  The only think that kept me from applying to The Art Institute of Philadelphia was the drawing issue.

Quoting Habibti812:

Quoting jms124:

I didn't play sports.

Follow my sewing blog here

Habibti812
by Joni on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:10 PM

I wish we had something like that offered! That sounds fun.. Do you still have any of the jewlrey?

Quoting jms124:

Yup, three levels of it actually and I took all 3 years of it.  We got to make jewelry and learned different ways to do it.

I love it!  I can't draw well but was really good at designing things.  The only think that kept me from applying to The Art Institute of Philadelphia was the drawing issue.

Quoting Habibti812:

Quoting jms124:

I didn't play sports.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)