Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keeping the spark alive!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:58 PM
  • 26 Replies

So how do you keep the spark alive with your husband ,boyfriend,or baby daddy??

How long have you been with them? Is it easy to keep the spark alive or is it something you really have to work at?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 6:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM

You're supposed to keep the spark alive? LOL! JK!

I think we just do it. We make sure we tell each other we love each other. We kiss and cuddle. We try to spend time alone together.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Oh, we've been together almost 11 years.

Habibti812
by Joni on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:20 PM

LOL Brooke!

Quoting bhwrn1:

I think we just do it. We make sure we tell each other we love each other. We kiss and cuddle. We try to spend time alone together.

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

Habibti812
by Joni on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:21 PM

My husband and I have been together for 9 years. Sometimes it's hard to remember eachother since we really never get time alone. but he will tell anyone that I'm his best and only friend. And I can honestly say he's my best friend. I can go to him with anything, and we talk about everything. I love him so so much. And though I know we may not get to have a lot of "Spark-like" moments lol, I know we will again one day. And we are both okay wtih it.. We're in it for the long haul, so we are okay wtih the fact that the kids take up all of our time and energy at the moment lol

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 7:48 PM

Me and my husband have been together for 6 years but married for 3. Since the day we meet up to now we always have that spark for each other and I don't think it will ever go away because we always remind each other how much we love one another, how thankfully we are, give a hug and kiss, and we always make sure to set some time aside for just us.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:17 PM

LOL! Time alone is always good!

Quoting bhwrn1:

jen113000
by Jenna on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:18 PM

I really like what you said. About understanding its mainly about the kids and your both in it for the long haul. Its refreshing to hear people in love with each other, with the way divorce is lately.

Quoting Habibti812:

My husband and I have been together for 9 years. Sometimes it's hard to remember eachother since we really never get time alone. but he will tell anyone that I'm his best and only friend. And I can honestly say he's my best friend. I can go to him with anything, and we talk about everything. I love him so so much. And though I know we may not get to have a lot of "Spark-like" moments lol, I know we will again one day. And we are both okay wtih it.. We're in it for the long haul, so we are okay wtih the fact that the kids take up all of our time and energy at the moment lol

jen113000
by Jenna on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Reminding how much you love one another is great!

Quoting LoriAnn87:

Me and my husband have been together for 6 years but married for 3. Since the day we meet up to now we always have that spark for each other and I don't think it will ever go away because we always remind each other how much we love one another, how thankfully we are, give a hug and kiss, and we always make sure to set some time aside for just us.

chiquis
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:19 PM

Todd says without me his life would be boring. I keep it alive by all the crazy shit I do lol. One day he came home and I had a "spa day" set up for him haha. Went all out =x lol. Sometimes I do romantic things for me .. sometimes silly things. Bedroom picnics .. fav foods. Movie nights. My mom is ALWAYS willing to watch the kids. So its easy to plan weekends for us, getaways .. or just a day without kids to BE kids lol.

jen113000
by Jenna on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Thats awesome that your Mom will babysit whenever you need her too, to have your time alone. My Mom would be like that too if she lived in Jersey.

Quoting chiquis:

Todd says without me his life would be boring. I keep it alive by all the crazy shit I do lol. One day he came home and I had a "spa day" set up for him haha. Went all out =x lol. Sometimes I do romantic things for me .. sometimes silly things. Bedroom picnics .. fav foods. Movie nights. My mom is ALWAYS willing to watch the kids. So its easy to plan weekends for us, getaways .. or just a day without kids to BE kids lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)