Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so miserable!! But I had a good weekend.

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:44 PM
Jen
  • 12 Replies

Saturday we had a surprise bridal shower for my MIL.  We really surprised her!!  She and Justin's (step) dad have been together since her was about 2 and they are finally getting married 8/7.

The shower was GREAT!  I wasn't feeling too well but figured it was from the heat.  So, Justin's aunt asked if Connor could spend the night.  Then asked if Chloe could come too. 

I thought she was joking, but she really wanted them to come spend the night with her.  So off they went (the kids first overnight, she couldn't believe we actually left Chloe go).  The had a blast!  Who wouldn't?!  She let them stay up late, made them scrambled eggs with hot dogs (I know, kinda gross but the kids love it), took them to McDonalds and swimming on base.

Anyway, Justin and I had a date that night.  We went to see Inception.  It was pretty good, but I would have enjoyed it more if my back wasn't killing me.

Half an hour into the 2.5 hour movie I was in pain.  We were supposed to go to a diner after the movie, but I had to have Justin take me home.  I was in tears leaving the theatre.

Now I'm worried that when I go back to work as a paralegal I won't be able to handle sitting at a desk.

I'm miserable, I can't sit for very long, I can't stand for very long...I'm constantly changing positions, I've got the heating pad on my back to help with the pain.

I'm going to make an appt with my doctor tomorrow, but I'm not really sure what he'll do except give me pain meds...which I really don't like taking because they knock me for a loop.

I slipped a disk in my lower back the week of Christmas but back about 3 years ago (while pregnant with Chloe) I started getting nasty pains in my upper butt area.  They thought I broke my tail bone.  After she was born, I had x-rays done...nothing.

They can't find reason for me to be having this pain.

I may not be on too much until I can sit for more than half an hour at a time :0(

Other than this, I had a really great weekend!  Hope you all did too!

Follow my sewing blog here

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:48 PM

I'm glad you have a good weekend but it suck to hear about your back I hope everything is ok.

Habibti812
by Joni on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Have you thought about seeing a chiropracter?

jms124
by Jen on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Quoting Habibti812:

With the slipped disk, my doctor is against it and honestly, the thought of seeing one freaks me out.  I can't stand the sound of bone/joints cracking.

Follow my sewing blog here

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Jul. 26, 2010 at 5:34 AM

I am so sorry about your back. That sucks. I injured my back last Novemeber and it was horrible. I couldn't walk, sit, stand, lay down. Nothing helped. I finally went for physical therapy and was amazed that it worked. I thought for sure I would have that pain forever. I hope the doctor figures something out for you. Back pain is terrible and so hard to get rid of b/c you use your back for EVERYTHING (and don't realize that until you hurt it).

I am glad you had a good weekend otherwise. I heard Inception was long, but well worth it. I hope you and Justin can make up for that dinner soon.

ceciliam
by Lynn on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:37 AM

I was thinking the same thing. My husband has disc problems from years of heavy lifting at the gym. The chiropractor helps him out a lot.

Also sounds to me as if you have a pinched nerve. If you can locate a sore spot try pressing on it as hard as you can. It helps to relieve the pain.

Quoting Habibti812:

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:15 AM

awww....back pain sucks and I'm so sorry it spoiled your date night.  Keep looking for the reasons for the pain and if the doc can't find any, then maybe explore pain management, which will be a combination of meds and other therapies to keep you productive and mobile.  I agree that therapy is also a good choice, along with a chiropractor consult.  A good chiropractor can help you without causing additional pain/problems, especially if you have a pinched nerve - they can often relieve the pressure from that without the need for surgical intervention.

jms124
by Jen on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:18 AM

I went to PT while pregnant with Chloe and then again after she was born...which was interrupted when I broke my ankle...and even switching therapists (due to a move) I didn't get any relief.  It got worse when I worked for 6 months last year and then got better when I was back home and able to move around as needed.

I'm really trying to avoid surgery :0(

I don't think anyone has mentioned a pinched nerve to me yet so I'll ask about it.

Habibti812
by Joni on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:35 AM

That stinks :-( I know some doctors don't agree. I had my first adjustment two days after I was born.. My kids all go too. I feel it helps, but I know it's not for everyone,.

Quoting jms124:

Quoting Habibti812:

With the slipped disk, my doctor is against it and honestly, the thought of seeing one freaks me out.  I can't stand the sound of bone/joints cracking.

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

meegs23
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 8:41 AM

Oh man.  Have you seen a Chiropractor? Ask your physcian.  A Chiropractor may give you an adjustment that can loosen your back.  Your vertebrae may be tweaking some nerves here and there.  I had some pretty bad back issues after having Claire and they gave me muscle relaxers.  I was like- so, I'm supposed to take care of a newborn and a 2y/o and take those? That should be interesting!!  I never took one. Just some Tylenol.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jul. 26, 2010 at 10:40 AM

You think a slipped disc could be pinching on a nerve??? I have a lot of back problems too....2 slipped discs.,....on on top of the other!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)