Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Must be nice

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:46 PM
Jen
  • 9 Replies

So for the 6th day in a row, I'm on my own with the kids.  Now, Monday-Friday, Justin works, so I can't really hold that against him but he didn't have to go play with dolls today.

"Play with dolls" is playing Dungeons & Dragons (aka: D&D).

So, after being up most of the night with Connor who had diarrhea all day yesterday and most of the night and getting everyone ready for my MIL's wedding this morning then going to lunch with the family (including a few people I can't stand...let me tell you how much that takes out of me!) I am now alone with the kids, again....on less than 2 hours of sleep :0(

I wanted to do nothing more this weekend than relax and take my pain meds like I'm supposed to, but since the meds knocks me for a loop I can't.

I even decided not to go away with the kids this coming week because I wouldn't be able to take anything and I'm in a good deal of pain.

Yup, I'm sitting here (again) and a fair amount of pain and I can't do anything about it. 

Oh, and I still have to make the kids dinner then climb the steps to put them to bed later.

Yet he gets the sniffles and it's like the world is coming to an end.

Back in December, when I first slipped the disk he didn't even stay home with me for a few days.

Yes ladies, I was barely able to move and I was still taking care of the kids...feeding them and changing diapers and lifting Chloe in and out of the pack n play.

I'm just miserable today...thanks for listening to me complain!

Follow my sewing blog here

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kerry20
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:49 PM
::hugs:: I'm sorry momma! He should atleast give you a few hours off!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:28 PM
Awww...it's just not fair, I know it! It will always be that way i'm afriad to say....Men will never WANT to or BE ABLE to do what we do at home or with the kids. Hope those meds kicked in and you get a good night's sleep!
bhwrn1
by Brooke on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:30 PM

Aw, so sorry Momma. I hope you can get a break.

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:43 PM

hugs

I hope your able to get a break and some time to yourself.

kbpegasus
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 8:49 PM

Men are really very inconsiderate.  Theyy all think you are supermom!  Hugs honey.  As soon as he gets his butt in the door, hand him the kids and go to bed!

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:46 PM

Quoting kbpegasus:

Men are really very inconsiderate.  Theyy all think you are supermom!  Hugs honey.  As soon as he gets his butt in the door, hand him the kids and go to bed!

yep - what she said.  I swear its like they live in their own universe.  When the kids go to bed have a cocktail and call it a day.  Feel better.

mhmomma
by Becky on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:00 PM

I feel the pain.  No my hubby is not out playing but working.  The last few months he has been working 6 days a week 14 hour days.  He was home today and I still didn't get a break.  I brought the kids food shopping, I played outside with them and I still had to make 3 meals today.  I hope you get a well deserved break soon.  Have a nice stiff drink and kick your feet up after the kids are asleep.

jms124
by Jen on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Thanks for the understanding ladies.  It usually doesn't bother me but with the back pain, lack of sleep and busy morning...I was just really cranky.

He only goes 1-2 times a month, but I guess I'm a little jealous since I don't have anything like this to get me out of the house.

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Aug. 8, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Could you find someting to get you out? A girls night once a month? Shopping by yourself while leaving him with the kids? Dinner with a friend? Taking yourself to a movie?

Quoting jms124:

Thanks for the understanding ladies.  It usually doesn't bother me but with the back pain, lack of sleep and busy morning...I was just really cranky.

He only goes 1-2 times a month, but I guess I'm a little jealous since I don't have anything like this to get me out of the house.

Lilypie

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE, REPURPOSE...

spinning globerecycling sweetpeaturning into globeplant a treechanging light bulb

Meditate on your own Self. Worship your Self. Respect your Self. God dwells within you as you.”  Swamni "Baba" Muktananda

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)