Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It can only go up from here...right?

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:35 AM
Jen
  • 7 Replies

I've been kinda miserable since we got back from vacation and I'm trying to get out of this funk but my family isn't helping.

I made spaghetti for dinner last night, at Connor's request.  I don't really like it but my kids LOVE it.  Connor asked what we were having for dinner.  I told him I didn't know and he said, "how about pa-sket-e (that's how he says spaghetti)?"

On the plus side, Justin did clean up after dinner...well, he put the leftovers in the fridge and the pots in the sink.  It's a start.

I had to put the kids to bed 3 times before they would stay there.  I'm worried it's time to give them separate bedrooms, I'll miss the play room.

I was woken up this morning (at 6 am) by them climbing into bed with me :0)

Chloe is on her 2nd day of panties only!  Hopefully this trend will continue and we won't have to buy any more diapers!

However, this morning I have already:

-talked both kids into taking their oral meds, Chloe hasn't been still long enough to get her ear drops in

-broken up a few fights...I have a few toys next to me that are in time-out

-had 2 talks with Connor about how we don't hit our sister

-had a few more talks with him about being nice to our toys

Oh, and I'm exhausted.  I'm sleeping on the sofa from now on, really.  Justin's snoring is keeping me up at night.  I have made him 2 appts with the doctor about this (if he sleeps on his back he stops breathing, too) and the doctor has had to cancel both of them.

It's not even 9 am and I'm already looking forward to bedtime.

Follow my sewing blog here

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrsr0125
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Yes it can only get better!! These are very stressful times but at times like this I try and remember everything is temporary. The job WILL come, the kids WILL grow up. All in time. It's temporary.

Where do you live? Maybe we could get together for a drink--or the McD $ menu! LOL!!

meegs23
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:44 AM

Wow, that's a lot before 9am! I hope the day gets better for you :)

Has he ever looked into doing a sleep study? My MIL just did one

jms124
by Jen on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:09 AM

mre0125:  I'm in Salem County and I'm always looking to meet new people!

meegs23:  If the doctor would keep his appt we would probably get something done.  We have a really good doctor but the past 3 weeks he's been out of the office (not at all planned!) and I'm actually a little worried about him.  He's a great doctor.

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:33 AM

I live in Cumberland and would love to join in on a drink/coffee/McD's...really.  Sometimes just a little break from the rat race breathes new life into you!  and MRE is right.  This too shall pass!! 

Quoting jms124:

mre0125:  I'm in Salem County and I'm always looking to meet new people!

meegs23:  If the doctor would keep his appt we would probably get something done.  We have a really good doctor but the past 3 weeks he's been out of the office (not at all planned!) and I'm actually a little worried about him.  He's a great doctor.

sweetheart4171
by Peggy on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:36 AM

it only can get better.....

Habibti812
by Joni on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:56 AM

Things will get better. They WILL get better! ((hugs))

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Aug. 31, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Ah, momma, I feel ya! Here's hoping things start to look up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)