Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so i think im getting complex! LOL

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:24 AM
  • 22 Replies

i was discussing this with my friend last week..  all over tv now is Jersey Shore, Housewives of NJ, Cake Boss, Jersey Couture, Real Princesses of NJ skit on Nick (Sonny with a chance), etc... I have alot of friends from out of state (from another mom board) and Im always defending myself to them saying that Im soo not like that and thats not what NJ is like.. BUT i think im getting a complex from all these shows.. im starting to question myself, am I realy like this and just dont know it? LOL maybe I am and its just normal life for me i dont even see it haha. I mean i have friends and fam that i look at and think they fit that "NJ reality TV" look/attitude.. so maybe im just in NJ denial hahaha. One friend from Washington state called me once and was like omg you sound just like the women on Housewives! hahaha and ive posted pics from friends and families weddings on FB and the site and people have commented how its so "NJ italian wedding"  hahaha.. ahhhh!!! am i really like these people hahahaha..

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peezy1976
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:28 AM

I know exactly how you feel. We briefly lived in Texas for about 2 years and OMG you should hear how they think of "east coasters" it's ridiculous...they do not take kindly to us "yankees" out there.  I feel the same way, everyone thinks we have big hair fake tans and wear too much makeup.

cocorosey
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:31 AM

Hahaha.  I feel like I have to defend NJ too and I am not even from here originally.  I get so annoyed whenever I see someone on fb comment that they are going down the shore and they get a whole chain of "say hi to The Situation for me"s.  I do get a kick out of the Jersey Couture ladies.  I love how the one says "MA!"

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:33 AM

hahaha its so true!!! I went to visit my cousin once in WV (he was born and raised there) it was before i was married and he was setting my up with a freind of his. His freind asked what i looked like and my cousin says "Idk.. she looks like a jersey girl" hahahaha ...My sister i will admit is pretty "Jersey"... she travels all over the world for her job and she was in a bar in Germany and some local guy starts a convo with her. after like 2 min he says "so i know your from the states but your from NJ arent you" LOL so even europe can spot a jersey girl lol

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:36 AM

All my friends watch most of the shows but me I don't because i'm not just into the drama and fakeness but I'm not origanlly from here I'm from philly.

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:36 AM

Quoting peezy1976:

I know exactly how you feel. We briefly lived in Texas for about 2 years and OMG you should hear how they think of "east coasters" it's ridiculous...they do not take kindly to us "yankees" out there.  I feel the same way, everyone thinks we have big hair fake tans and wear too much makeup.

yes, everyone thinks that all Jersey girls look and act like Theresa Guidice and Jwoww...it's such an awful stereotype.  And let's remember that these shows go out and locate the worst of the worst because everybody loves to watch a trainwreck, cuz that's what brings in ratings.  I'm sure the majority of us are not like that - we may have the same accent, but not the same lifestyle/personalities.  And are you gonna tell me that people in other states don't throw big flashy family style weddings?  Of course they do.

Habibti812
by Joni on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:46 AM

LoL I have been told I have a "horrific Jersey accent" by my friends from out of state.. I thought everyone said "CAWFEE" and "TAWK" bweahaahhahahahah

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:47 AM

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA thats what my friend from Washington was saying.. how funny it is that we say those words like that!!!! LOL

Quoting Habibti812:

LoL I have been told I have a "horrific Jersey accent" by my friends from out of state.. I thought everyone said "CAWFEE" and "TAWK" bweahaahhahahahah

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:52 AM

I don't really feel it, but I think it's b/c I'm from Brooklyn and don't really consider myself a true NJ girl. I haven't heard anything from any of my friends or family (although most live in NJ!).

Habibti812
by Joni on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:53 AM

I happen to like the Jerssey accent!lol

Quoting Rychelle:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA thats what my friend from Washington was saying.. how funny it is that we say those words like that!!!! LOL

Quoting Habibti812:

Proud Momma to the prince and my 2 princesses (My Syrastinians). VERY proud BF'ing, Co-Sleeping, Baby wearing Anti Spanking, No CIO Momma!

Rychelle
by Platinum Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Me too!! My sister loved to Long Island for 5 years.. you can imagine how she sounds now hahahaha NJ and LI..

Quoting Habibti812:

I happen to like the Jerssey accent!lol

Quoting Rychelle:

Quoting Habibti812:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)