Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hurricane update

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/08/hurricane_earl_path_projects_s.html

Although things could certainly change, the expected path Hurricane Earl will take looks to stay off the coast of NJ, bringing only some rain and possibly tropical storm force winds between now and Friday.  Here's hoping Earl continues to behave himself as far as we are concerned!

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jms124
by Jen on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:52 PM

I'm glad it looks like it's going to stay away...but it's still going to mess up the long weekend.

It's going to be in the upper 70's during the day and upper 50's at night...too cold for swimming :0(  The place my grandmother has her shore house at is supposed to have 2 pool parties this weekend but it'll be too cold to swim.

Justin and I have decided that unless my parents are going to the shore this weekend we are staying home.

LoriAnn87
by Emerald Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:06 PM

I saw the news and updated about Earl. I don't mind the rain and winds but that's what to expect when you live close to the Jersey shore.

jen113000
by Jenna on Aug. 31, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Yea and now Earl is headed for the Outer Banks which I am currently on vacation at... Yay... I hate hurricanes

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Aug. 31, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Glad it looks like it won't be more than rain and some wind. Of course that could mess up my flight home. We'll see!

jerzeetomato
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Hope you have clear skies all the way home!

Quoting bhwrn1:

Glad it looks like it won't be more than rain and some wind. Of course that could mess up my flight home. We'll see!

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Sep. 1, 2010 at 7:28 AM

I do not feel like dealing with a hysterical dog should Earl pick up speed!

Myspace Comments  

bhwrn1
by Brooke on Sep. 1, 2010 at 9:17 AM

Looks like we're getting some residual effects of the hurricaine here in Aruba. Thunder storms last night (lots and lots of lightening). And today is CLOUDY! Actually, we can use a day in the room. I think A has an ear infection (he was up all night complaining about his ear hurting). B might be working on one, too! UGH! Could be just water in the ear. Gonna get this swimmer's ear stuff from the store downstairs later and see if it helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)